headunit from the states

XploShun

nah we don't get sat radio - they decided it wasnt worth it here or soemthing... we're a pretty small radio market....

the head units will work, but im pretty sure the way they tune their FM or AM radio is different to us, and so you won't get certain radio stations... i honestly can't remember the specifics of it... but yeah apart from that CDs will work, and volts are volts no matter where you are, so all that stuff will work too...

nah we don't get sat radio - they decided it wasnt worth it here or soemthing... we're a pretty small radio market....

the head units will work, but im pretty sure the way they tune their FM or AM radio is different to us, and so you won't get certain radio stations... i honestly can't remember the specifics of it... but yeah apart from that CDs will work, and volts are volts no matter where you are, so all that stuff will work too...

I think the term is tuning step, and most head units allow you to change it to alternate between US and Aus setups (at least you can on my Pioneer). Head units are pretty universal things, as cars are supposed to be too apart from LHD/RHD differences. They're all 12V, so voltages don't matter (unlike household supply) etc etc

wow.... hold on..

blue rolla u said i wont be able to tune into some radio stations? well not i listen to the music on the station (same music playing every week... blooody guy spasm... veronica crap.....)

HIRO.. so you say we can tune it??? to make it able to tune into our radio stations? how can we check if its able to do so or not? whats the function called?

wow.... hold on..

blue rolla u said i wont be able to tune into some radio stations? well not i listen to the music on the station (same music playing every week... blooody guy spasm... veronica crap.....)

HIRO.. so you say we can tune it??? to make it able to tune into our radio stations? how can we check if its able to do so or not? whats the function called?

The radio stations in the US are in the same band as the one here, so the tuner doesn't need adjusting in that regard. What needs to be changed is what is known as the tuning step. This is the frequency "gap" between possible stations, and will be the amount that the frequency increases when you turn the knob or press the button on the head unit once. US use a different tuning step than Aus (can't remember what it is exactly, but say for the sake of things US go up by 30Hz, Aus go up by 50Hz. This is wrong, but an example) and on my Pioneer there's an option in the Function menu (put the unit into standby, hold down the Function button, go through the list etc etc) to switch between the two steps. I would be surprised if this wasn't a standard feature on all head units, to allow them to be a global unit and not unique to particular countries.