Automotive

Horticulture - pref landscaping or gardening outdoors of somthing like that

Hospitality

How do u go about getting one?

Whats involved?

How long do they last?

What the pay like?

Hey buddy,

I work in the Hospitality as a chef, how you get it to start is just go around or ring hotel or resturants.

You work 38hr a week and have 2 days off, u go to tafe 1 day a week. And when you a 1st yr apprentice the pay is crap like $8.50 p/hr, but the further you go the better pay becomes. The hole apprentiship takes 4 yr once you have completed it then you will be on a salary award from 35- 40k's a yr.

Lucas

If you can get into Landscaping and like working with plants/outdoors - Go for it!

You will be getting very shiity pay as an apprentice, but once you have your certificate and confident in what you do, you can either work for someone else as a qualified landscaper for decent pay or go out on your own and make money litterally by the shovel load!

I'm currently considering quiting the office job and looking into doing gardening/landscaping which I enjoy, but the problem for me is I would have to initially go from middle management pay to apprentice wage which I just cant do with the commitments I have... but If you have the opportunity, give it a go. Sometimes you can get a good employer who would give you above award pay during your apprenticeship.

How do u go about getting one?

Whats involved?

How long do they last?

What the pay like?

- Job agencies, normal job advertisements, and the gov't have some sort of "new apprenticeship centres" now don't they? I'm not quite sure. I almost got a traineeship advertised through an agency.

- 4 days of work + 1 day of TAFE per week, I think

- 3 years? I think it depends on what you're doing

- Poo :P The business admin. traineeship I applied for was something like $6.50/hour for the first year. But yeah, the Integral apprenticeships are VERY well paid!

its great that people are still wanting to do apprenticeships now days,for some its too much of a commitment ,but the end product is what you have to look forward to,it could turn from a so & so passion to a paid job that ull enjoy, & everybody wants a job to enjoy right??

Ide suggest to go on the govt websites & carefully choosing the career you might be interested in,Then proceed to applying(Thats if u fit the criterias) & its up too you to commit to it,ive done my Mechanical engineers course (well ten years ago) the first two years pay was 'ok???' but as got closer & finished your salary could be average to great!!!.it took four years of technical & practical courses but knowledge & trades cert ive attained is priceless,esp with our countrys lack of trade personel,That time...I applied thru the paper,but the net might be better way to go..

ide say go for it..& good luck..its worth it

The Government identified a skills shortage in basic trades not long ago, eg. plumber, electrical work etc. John Howard held a press conference telling parents to encourage their children to leave school in year ten and begin a trade. Then a reporter asked John Howard why his kids weren't encouraged to do that.... LOL