iPod Integration

Aussie Digger

Hi Team,

I have bought a Kluger Grande which i'm really happy with save for one thing: lack of iPod integration.

I have been hunting on line to find an integrated solution but alas, nothing so far.

OK an FM transmitting device would fill the gap but it's a soft option with bloody wires hanging out of cigarette lighter sockets :huh:

Has anyone been able to find a solution for the integration?

Over to you.

Cheers,

Mike.......

No there are more options... not $550.

Search this forum. There are one person did this and called...... escape my mind... but search this part of forum it is there. I know such thing sold in Gary's car audio

Update:

I found the interface needed to integrate my iTouch to the Kluger SAT/NAV, it's the SoundLinQ2 (SL2i) by Vais Technology and bought from Stylyn.

See http://www.vaistech.com/product_comparison.php and http://www.stylyn.com/

Complete with the harness that plugs directly into the back of the SAT/NAV the SL2i cost me $400 plus $72.73 for fitting. Those prices are Ex GST so all up $520. In short the unit works through emulation - CDII. For those interested you do not lose any existing CD drives, business as usual on that front.

I'm very happy with the integration as I can access the all the Playlists resident on the iPod via the SAT/NAV. With another touch I can access the music via:

1.) Artist

2.) Album

3.) Genre

4.) Audiobook

5.) Podcast

Other functions include: Random, Repeat, Folder List, Scroll Up/Down, Details. Also displays the track meta data, plus, plus plus........

Not the cheapest thing I suppose but hey......if your like me and have all your music on your iPod/iTouch/iPhone and you can't be ar$ed burning MP3's to CD's, loading them and changing them then this is defo the go.

Cheers,

Aussie Digger

BTW: For those who are handy and want to keep the pricing down, then you can order on line and fit yourself. The unit comes with fully detailed instructions together with schematic diagrams.

Edited by Aussie Digger