Where to get serviced in Melbourne

Hi all, just a quick question, car due for 20,000 km service soon, 10,000 was done at 11,300, am at 20,600 now so got just under 1000 till due.....Can anyone reccomend a great service centre, doesnt have to be a toyota service centre as long as it is certified and upholds warranty. Have searched the forum but found alot of old info and was looking for recent reccomendations. live in greensboroughand work in kew so any around that area would be good but am willing to drive dump off car and use...dare i say it..pubic transport to get to work :blink: ....

also jsut wondering have read a bit on ppl getting there clutches adjusted, can this be forced upon a toyota dealer service centre during a service.....by mentioning this forum or hearing about it elsewhere as im guesing they are asked to do a fair few...... cheers....and is it needed...had my car six months....some times changing gears just ****s me but i put it down to me being lazy and not concentrating ? maybe it needs to be adjusted ?.....is there a set way of telling it needs to be done or is it how it feels....cos sometimes gear changes are great....sometimes crap....sort of how car always feels faster and better straight after washing it ?

cheers

I work in the City and I have my servicing done at Melbourne City Toyota. I started doing there because of the convenience but they seem to be pretty good.

I've had the car serviced 6 times there so far and I have no complaints. They always ask if there are any issues I need attended to other than normal servicing.

When I ask for something to be fixed or adjusted or looked into they do it with no if's or but's or questions.

is there pricing reasonable.....im guessing will cost me between 180 and 220 $ ish.....had a look in manual, all it is is change engine oil and check everything else.....same as 30,000km service...40,000 is a bit more involved

It's sort of reasonable you just have to stay on top of them for some things like occassionally they will say you need to flush the injectors ($70) which I always say no to.

Typical Oil/Filter change type service is around $140-$160. Not cheap for something you can do yourself I guess.

Emailed Camberwell Toyota, and just got a call back then, spoke to a Vince who is the service manager seems like a nice bloke. He has organised for me to drop car off, courtesy car to and from work (drop off, pick up) and mentioned if i wanted brakes fully cleaned and tire rotation, balance and brake test (advisable he believes @ 20,000km) and service it would come to around 250 $, although he said because i mentioned i was a member of TOCAU that i would get trade price and it would drop beow 200 $.

For the moment i mentioned i only wanted the service....do i need to do the extra brake test and brake clean .......as far as i know tyres feel balanced as ever and i can rotate them myself ?....

Just get the service and thats it.....comments much appreciated