AUTO LAUNCHES

put the shifter in L or 1... u can hold the revs longer wen u manually shift...

now wen u launch brake with ur left foot n max the accelerator with ur right foot... the car should rev to around 3000... then just slide ur left foot off the brake... that way the pedal springs up n u get ur first auto launch... with wheelspin too :D... minor wheelspin... but yea i think thats the best way to launch in auto am i right??

I think Voy has plenty of experience in this ;)

With me I hold the brake down rev until about 3K them let go of the brake and floor the accelerator.

yeah dats what i thought ppl would do .. buh man i reckon i need to work on it :P haha my carr keeps sneaking while i accelerate :P maybe i just not pressing brakes down hard enuF :P kaka .. feel so noob yrofl !!

Before u rev. put in N first (with left foot on the brake) > blip the throttle and u'll feel the brake pedal sink deeper

Put back in D or 2, and you'll feel the brakes hold the car at higher revs. Wouldn't do this at every intersection tho, as u'll soon need a new box. ;) and dont hold the revs for more than 3 secs either.

PS. theres been a few topics on this already. do a search

Edited by DHC09

done this a few times, find it quite good.. does not gives a PERFECT launch but it does it's job.. not much lag and it just takes off when it turns green :P

haha DHC09 :P i never know when lights r going to turn green so i need to take the chance n hope it turns when i start reving :P

Before u rev. put in N first (with left foot on the brake) > blip the throttle and u'll feel the brake pedal sink deeper

Put back in D or 2, and you'll feel the brakes hold the car at higher revs. Wouldn't do this at every intersection tho, as u'll soon need a new box. ;) and dont hold the revs for more than 3 secs either.

PS. theres been a few topics on this already. do a search

I asked this question awhile ago, and this is the best possible way to take off in an auto. Can't get much better than holding breaks and revving to 3k rpm, then letting go of the brakes. LOL Manual still pwns us! I bet a Honda Jazz (vt-i, the 1.5litre ones) like this once rofl he was manual too. Corolla's ain't that granny car man haha

done this a few times, find it quite good.. does not gives a PERFECT launch but it does it's job.. not much lag and it just takes off when it turns green :P

haha DHC09 :P i never know when lights r going to turn green so i need to take the chance n hope it turns when i start reving :P

hahhahah wah a funny one hahah have u actually done a launch and misjudged the light and instead of green u went earlier :P hahaha

sorry for laughing just the idea of it is kinda funny

hahhahah wah a funny one hahah have u actually done a launch and misjudged the light and instead of green u went earlier :P hahaha

sorry for laughing just the idea of it is kinda funny

oh.. :) didnt launch off when its red but i just reved for like YONKS before it turned green.. so i looked like an idiot.. cause the car was DYING to move and it was just reving n not going newhere..

that's y u look at the opposing traffic lights... start revving as soon as they turn red, then let go when urs is green... but watch out for "cheaters" that do the same but jump before it turns green...

that's y u look at the opposing traffic lights... start revving as soon as they turn red, then let go when urs is green... but watch out for "cheaters" that do the same but jump before it turns green...

haha yeh good idea :P but sometimes during the day you simply wont know when its ur turn unless you know those lights well :P hahaha.. if ur in a new area.. ur pretty much on ur own!

haha yeh good idea :P but sometimes during the day you simply wont know when its ur turn unless you know those lights well :P hahaha.. if ur in a new area.. ur pretty much on ur own!

tru that... but u also shouldnt really be racin sumwhere ur not familiar with... u neva know it might be a coppa hot spot...

tru that... but u also shouldnt really be racin sumwhere ur not familiar with... u neva know it might be a coppa hot spot...

true.. point taken! hate those stupid cops.. but i guess WA ppl r kinda lucky with radar detector still legal to use..