C-one Final Gear Set for the 2ZZ Engine

Hi guys, I have been a member on your site for a little while now but this is my first post. First of all I am from Barbados and I drive a 2003 Toyota Runx ( with the 2zz engine). I am looking to do some more mods to my car. I have taken care of the suspension, air intake, exhaust, upgraded drivetrain and I am now looking to purchase the Final gear set from C-one.

My question is : Does anyone have any information on what this Final Gear set does for the car and maybe any dyno charts to show the gains???????

Also is there any thing else that I can do with the car (without any force induction) to improve the performance??????

Edited by teddyB

Here is a vid of the gear set in a Lotus with some mods done. The owner claimed after doing it he wished he had done it as the first mod. Says the acceleration was a lot better when doing in gear acceleration, 1/4 mile wasn't much different. Can't remember where I found the original thread unfortunatly.

KYniimmMgNw

They sound a lot closer then stock ;)

But if you do buy the gears et you will still need to buy stocko synchros, bearings, etc to go with it. The gear sets are made by Kaaz if you hadn't found that out yet.

Edit: I like how the language filter thinks ge****t is wrong <_<

Edited by SuperDave

from memory when i did the maths last time the gear set is 17% more efficient and basically what happens is what you currently experience as 5th gear will become your 6th gear under the new gear set. There is a helical LSD built in as well i believe.

So basically if you drive on the highway at all enjoy those high revs ....... next time your on the freeway drop it into 5th and drive like that ..... thats what this set will do for you ...... most definitly should increase ur acceleration but u'll suffer up top ..... really ur call and depends how u drive ...... also for $6K just to get them off the shelf .... that doesnt include shipping to aus that can also be a bit of a hit to the hip pocket ;)

Ah well .... u dont pay u cant play ;) ;) ;)

i got quoted just over 8 grand for a 2nd hand box, c-one/kaaz close ratio GEAR SET, helical LSD, fidanza flywheel and a ceramic puck clutch in melb.

the final drive gear alone can't cost 6k :S

and i think teddyB is referring to the final drive. not the close ratio.

http://www.shaohaok.com/forumJunk/ratio/ratioSpeeds.xls

this should help u out with ratio speeds.

swapping gears shouldn't show any difference in power on a dyno.

Edited by shaohaok

Thanks for the information guys. I think that my fear right now is losing the power up top but if in a 1/4 mile sprint the final drive will increase acceleration significantly, then I think I may be interested. If I will lose up top , what other mod could I add to compensate for that loss..????? and...... would the cold air intake, that i currently have installed, which gives the car better top end speed do the job??

On a another note...............what other mods are available for the 2ZZ and still keeping it asperated???????

Thanks for the information guys. I think that my fear right now is losing the power up top but if in a 1/4 mile sprint the final drive will increase acceleration significantly, then I think I may be interested. If I will lose up top , what other mod could I add to compensate for that loss..????? and...... would the cold air intake, that i currently have installed, which gives the car better top end speed do the job??

On a another note...............what other mods are available for the 2ZZ and still keeping it asperated???????

I think you misunderstood the point. The final gear will give better acceleration but you will not lose top end power. What the others are referring to is that at a higher speed you will be revving alot higher than normal. Our 2zzge stock on the highway in 6th gear at 120kph is revving at 4000rpm so with the C-ONE gears it will be higher revs than this.

Edited by JAZE55