Stop The Violence, Stop The Hate, Please Watch

D'Ice

Due to an altercation on saturday i managed to witness racism at it's highest level all in one night coming from every single direction which led a bunch of my friends going straight into handcuffs and hospital.

Please watch this SBS series before you start flaming and lynching the ethnic guy... so my message is plz don't judge a book by its covers... just coz we don't look or talk mainstream that doesn't mean that we're all Ethnic Gangmembers of a Middle Eastern Appearance... i think that every person in sydney should watch this so we can eliminate some of the hate goin around. thank you.

EDIT: I hope no one get's "offended" i'm just trying to raise awarness of wat's going on, the only stories the media show are waaay off course and blown out of proportion, those videos provide a view the mainstream public doesn't even know about.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Edited by d_ice

I think people need to learn how to swallow their pride.

Just cos someone looks at you the wrong way there isnt a really a need to react.

If someone asks you to do something, you should comply (within reason), there isnt a need to lash out. Many times ive asked people nicely to stop doing things that they shouldnt be doing and got a "wtf is your problem" response..... i just walk off. All this **** about "rep" its all crap. It means sh!t. People need to understand that, fear and respect are two different things. Problem is that the younger gen get these mixed up, they think fear is rep, and rep equals respect.

Respect is earnt, not forced upon another person.

Anyways, that was a good doco, too bad it couldnt carry on for longer... but the message is there, its the stupid media overhyping the situation, creating a mob that wants justice, then having politicians jumping on the bandwagon demanding that things happen. Most the politicians have one agenda, to get that generous superannuation pension payout.

Edited by neK

Racism is a massive factor too... like a small example... apparently last week a bunch of "Ethnic Gangmembers of a Middle Eastern Appearance" had a fight or an altercation with a bunch of anglos apparently the anglos got smashed... so on saturday me and some friends were meeting up with another group of friends in the city (in the same neighborhood where the fight happened) and all of a sudden i get a fone call n it's my friend from the other group he said that around 8-10 anglos just set on them (my friends were only 4)... apparently wat was goin on was the anglos were just having another middle eastern lynching and they set upon the first ethnic mullets they could see...

Now NORMALLY i would go get some boys, find them and retaliate... BUT i knew that this crap will never end it'll keep coming and going it'll just turn into another cronulla revenge attack... so i thought that the most rational thing to do would be to prepare ourselves since we got caught off guard and to try to stabilize this whole issue... and i was thinking of starting with this forum, maybe if we could clear any hot heads here then they themselves would influence other hot heads to chill... sydney was such a happy place before the cronulla riots it's getting worse by the day there's an all out war goin on right now with ppl (such as my boys) getting hit in the crossfire...

I can understand where you're coming from dude. I actually know a cop and the attitude that cops have towards middle eastern ppl is pretty appauling. I think the problem comes from labelling. If people can remember about 10years ago when there was a problem with crime amongst the asian community, the media started blowing things out of proportion. headlines started talking about Asians gangs and all of a sudden, if you where asian and looked tuff you had instant "street cred", even if you've never even hurt a fly. I was at high school at the time and all of a sudden all these asian kids started pretending they where in a "gang" and acting like they deserved respect.

It's classic human nature. We have a pack instinct that drives us to belong. If all of a sudden you're being belittled because you're middle eastern, then you'll compensate by sticking to groups to shield yourself from that.

It's classic human nature. We have a pack instinct that drives us to belong. If all of a sudden you're being belittled because you're middle eastern, then you'll compensate by sticking to groups to shield yourself from that.

exactly... and the ppl that are 'belittling' others cant seem to understand it...

another example.... like wenever me or one of my boys get asked where we'r from and we tell them we'r from the southwest or we'r from fairfield/liverpool the look at us and u can tell that they feel uneasy and on a couple of occasions theyr blunt enough to ask if we'v ever been shot or if we'v shot anyone like wtf... they actually think that every middle eastern youth is a gangmember like wtf is up with that... ppl are ignorant n they need to open up... their only source of info is the media and we all know how biased the media can get against any kind of minority... like on many many occasions in the news or ESPECIALLY ACA or TodayTonight wenever sumthin happens involving middle eastern ppl they can't wait to emphasize on them by calling them "Ethnic Gangmembers of a Middle Eastern Appearance"... but if sumthin happens involving non-minorities they just tone it down and just call them "rouge youths" or just "troublemakers"... so how come we'r defined as gangmembers while others are defined as troublemakers... notice the double standard?