1000Km service !!!!!

Hi Fellas

I just had my car serviced (First service) at Blacktown Toyota today. Also had the reverse parking sensors fitted. now, when I put into the reverse gear, the original beeping sound is still there, and it's louder than the reverse parking sensor beeping, and I can barely hear the sensors beeping when I reverse. Is this normal? I think it's pretty stupid, isn't there anyway to disable the stupid beeping sound from the original Stivo? AAAAAAaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

really irritated here....... :o

Another thing I noticed today, I have always had the rattling noise in the dash board at about 3000rpm, and today I noticed that when I leave my left hand on the gear knob, the noise starts, and when I take my hand off, the noise dissappears. I have this very bad habbit of leaving my hand on the gear know all the time, driving in the City means constantly changing gears....Hahaha~

Any one know how the gear know is related to the rattling noise?

If they are original Toyota Sportivo Rear Parking Sensors, they should of disconnected the rear beep that the Stivo comes with. It was done with my updated Stivo. Its in the instruction book.

There is a fix for the gear rattle, refer elsewhere in this forum for that fix under "gear selector cable". I had this fitted and the noise is gone.

which instruction book is it? the car manual? or am I supposed to get a instruction book for the reverse parking sensors?

A seperate instruction book.

"Toyota - Parking Sensor System; Owners Manual"  - Part Number RPA-TOY-1 REV-1.

That is, that if you have the Toyota Sensors installed.  Be careful, Toyota Dealers do install after-market non-genuine sensors to reduce cost.

Can you describe the way to disconnect the original beeper, perhaps with the help of pictures?

Hi KT_haha,

Your first and biggest mistake here is that u went to blacktown lander toyota....if they have screwed u here good luck getting resolution from them. myself and a few other members have experienced blacktown's service and lets just say we r never going back again!!!!!!!!!

as for ur problem i hope u get it all sorted

Hi KT_haha,

Your first and biggest mistake here is that u went to blacktown lander toyota....if they have screwed u here good luck getting resolution from them. myself and a few other members have experienced blacktown's service and lets just say we r never going back again!!!!!!!!!

as for ur problem i hope u get it all sorted

So where are you servicing your cars now?

Please recommend~

:lol::lol::lol:

Castle hill doesnt seem to bad........Also heard Sydney City is ok but i have never tried them. have taken it to Artarmon and they seemed ok except i think one of the other members has already given them a bad wrap about doing something wrong ....... All i can say is throw a dart at the map of Sydney n then go to the nearest dealer :unsure::blink::unsure::blink:

Thats how consistent these guys r :angry::angry: :( :(