sourcing parts

Lawz

hey all. I've been really eager to change the look of my 2000 facelift ae112 sedan to have the Levin or Sportivo front.

So what I need to know is... will I need to get the full front bar because of the fog light brackets or just the lip do?

And where can I get these parts... Levin/Sportivo lip, side skirts and fog lights? I've tried 4 wreckers (AllJap, CityPlus Parts, Sandgate Wreckers & Boondall Auto Recyclers) already and have no luck in sourcing anything similar.

Toyota said the fog light kit costs $400.

So any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The foglights go in the holes which are covered by the black blanking covers in your bar... You'll need the foglights, the black blanking covers to suit the foglights and the Sportivo Lip...

I changed my whole front end over from the 99 Bug Eye Levin to the 2001 Sportivo Front End and it cost me a fair bit using brand new Genuine Parts...

As far as I'm aware, I bought the last Genuine Front Lip so you'll have to go aftermarket for that... As far as I'm aware, Carmate make copies of the Genuine Toyota Lip and Side Skirts so give them a call and see what they can do for you...

Thanks for the info Ben. How much did it roughly cost you to get those parts... did it include painting? Also how did you wire up your foggies? separate switch or on the indicator & headlight stick?

I honestly can't remember but I got the parts cheaper as I work for Toyota...

I bought front bar, guards, lights, bonnet and all the brackets and so on that I needed...

Mine is a 99 Levin so it had the foggies as standard and the new ones plugged straight in...

With your foggie install, you could either get a Jaycar switch and wire it up or you could get the standard headlight stalk and wire it all up to look standard... Up to you, how much money you wanna spend and ease of installation I guess...

i got the levin front spoiler, mudflaps, and the 4 piece side skirt kit off ebay for $50+$25 postage (got the postage refunded cos the package was sent to the wrong place, 15mins drive to pick it up). It was indeed a lucky find cos toyota quoted $268 for the levin lip alone.

I'm now looking for the foglight kit too, have no idea where to get it from besides toyotas as you dont see many ae112 in wreckers.

yeah well I've decided I'm sourcing a sportivo kit from GT Autostyling. Front lip and skirts. $250 for front lip/apron and $320 for side skirts. Toyota charging more for both. Fog lights from Toyota are $400. From Ozeparts.com.au it's $600 for a pair. They sell left and right fogs separate for $300.

So I'm fog lights are now the last thing I'll ever get now. Sportivo/Levin grille is another thing I want but thats not cheap from Toyota either.

So I dunno aye corollas of our model aren't really written off cars. So it's gonna be hard. Rotciv did you get your kit from Australia ebay or some overseas one?

yeah i got it from an australian ebay (private seller). well worth $55 :D

In Europe, they call our model E11 or corolla reg R (both still vary between the bug eyes and the face lift) , the difference is that they are mostly a 3 door hatch instead of 4 like ours and they look so nice it makes me envy of them.

Anyways.. I've been trying to search eBay uk for items for our model here is some of the results.

I don't know if this will fit ours (oops i just released u had a sedan) because its a hatch and it doesn't specify how many doors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Corolla-Hatch...VQQcmdZViewItem

some aluminum rings for your dials, a bit expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Corolla-E11-9...VQQcmdZViewItem

yeah i love the UK E11s. Also in Phillipines their sedans come with side skirts and Levin front spoiler and foggies.

Mines sedan. But yeah I don't like stezza like that. But yeah have thought about those alu rings... bit expensive indeed. I'm trying to find some rear clear indicators... as I found some on a this sedan in philipines on car domain... been trying to get in contact with the owner so I can get some.