My new 2000 Corolla AE112R Liftback (Photos)

Hi Guys and Gals,

Being a total newbie to this car world thing, you'll have cut me some slack. I'm picking up my new Corolla this week and looking forward to undertaking a few minor mods to get it looking and running better than it does at the moment. In its current state it's a factory standard 2000 Corolla Ascent AE112R Liftback, ocean blue and in awesome condition, pretty boring if you ask me but I picked it up for $8000 with only 100,000kms so I shouldn't complain. I'm not at all looking to spend thousands of dollars on this thing, I just want to do a few basic mods to at least get it looking and sounding better, so it doesn't look like my grandmas car...

My planned mods (if you would call them that) are listed below. It would be awesome if anyone could recommend particular brands to look out for, or point out any other small mods I could do, or get done without it costing me too much coin.

-Planned Mods are in this order-

1.Tinted windows (Darkest Legal)

2.Air Filter (Preferably Pod Filter)

3.Headlights (Just Those halogen light bulbs)

4.Replace factory standard sound system

5.Possibly, a basic performance Exhaust when $ permit

6.Possibly some cheap second-hand Rims when $ permit

7. Anything else guys? Maybe you could suggest your list of "best bang for ya buck mods"

BTW, I'm in Brisbane.

P.S., This forum is awesome, I'm learning lots fast...

Cheers,

Tim

nice, i also have a AE112 but "99"

still saving up for my stereo, and looking for a good body kit, but havnt found a nice one yet.

well you can update the front end like BNS70Y has... but won't be cheap LOL not many kits really suit the AE112. genuine is best!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Being a total newbie to this car world thing, you'll have cut me some slack. I'm picking up my new Corolla this week and looking forward to undertaking a few minor mods to get it looking and running better than it does at the moment. In its current state it's a factory standard 2000 Corolla Ascent AE112R Liftback, ocean blue and in awesome condition, pretty boring if you ask me but I picked it up for $8000 with only 100,000kms so I shouldn't complain. I'm not at all looking to spend thousands of dollars on this thing, I just want to do a few basic mods to at least get it looking and sounding better, so it doesn't look like my grandmas car...

My planned mods (if you would call them that) are listed below. It would be awesome if anyone could recommend particular brands to look out for, or point out any other small mods I could do, or get done without it costing me too much coin.

-Planned Mods are in this order-

1.Tinted windows (Darkest Legal)

2.Air Filter (Preferably Pod Filter)

3.Headlights (Just Those halogen light bulbs)

4.Replace factory standard sound system

5.Possibly, a basic performance Exhaust when $ permit

6.Possibly some cheap second-hand Rims when $ permit

7. Anything else guys? Maybe you could suggest your list of "best bang for ya buck mods"

BTW, I'm in Brisbane.

P.S., This forum is awesome, I'm learning lots fast...

Cheers,

Tim

nice, i also have a AE112 but "99"

still saving up for my stereo, and looking for a good body kit, but havnt found a nice one yet.

well you can update the front end like BNS70Y has... but won't be cheap LOL not many kits really suit the AE112. genuine is best!

yeh probly best to stay stock kit wise.

best bet is to go sleeper lol.... but that also wont be easy