Replacing stock airbox after removing CAI question

The 2 vaccum lines (tiny in diamter) that plug into the top and bottom of the corolla airbox - are they needed?????

the 2 tiny platic pieces that they plug into snapped off when removing the airbox (tried superglueing them back on.... doesnt work) so i have just blocked the ends up ... car drives 100% normally though

there is a faint whilstly murmor sound when u have the windows open but with windows closed nothing is evident

what do these vaccum things do (and the strange clip on thing that has the brown ends that clip into each other ... [this clips on the front of the airbox] the pipes/vaccums come from there......

can anyone help?

Edited by steinny72

The 2 vaccum lines (tiny in diamter) that plug into the top and bottom of the corolla airbox - are they needed?????

the 2 tiny platic pieces that they plug into snapped off when removing the airbox (tried superglueing them back on.... doesnt work) so i have just blocked the ends up ... car drives 100% normally though

there is a faint whilstly murmor sound when u have the windows open but with windows closed nothing is evident

what do these vaccum things do (and the strange clip on thing that has the brown ends that clip into each other ... [this clips on the front of the airbox] the pipes/vaccums come from there......

can anyone help?

the vacuum lines that plug into the stock airbox control the flap at the bottom of it. I'm not entirely sure when the flap opens. I suspect i opens to allow better airflow when the engine is revving e.g when in "Lift"