2007 Corolla (ZRE152R) - I have a possible problem?

Hello, I'm asking fellow ZRE152R Corolla owners about this, as I have found something strange with the HVAC, which is potentially a (minor) problem in my Corolla. (not Ultima/Levin ZR owners though with different HVAC controls)

62nd1kg.jpg

I'm referring to the right-most knob, which controls air conditioning temperature.

What my problem is is that once the white selector (or whatever you want to call it) goes past the first blue section, it MAY (not always) get stuck and not come back down to the lowest position. (physically you can't move it down, don't want to break something) However, it can still move upwards, towards the white section and the red section.

However, it is no longer stuck/jammed and will allow the selector to return to the lowest position after I move it upwards for a section, and then move it back down to the lowest position. Also, if I leave it in the lowest position where it is stuck, after a while, I can move it back down to the lowest position again, without having to move it up.

Anyone know what causes this, a fault or something designed with the car (doubt it)? Any other ZRE152R Ascent/Conquest/Levin SX owners have this?

I don't know why this happens, and why doing the other things can get past the jam. I also don't know what actually is behind the knob, so I wouldn't know what's happening back there.

Haven't checked the owner's manual.