Where in the camry range does the advantage fit?

raph

Hi All,

My dad has been a Camry driver for years, and now that i need a car to chew up a good few kilometers in, I have bought myself a 2002 camry advantage. My father asked me where in the range it fit in, as he has a 2005 Camry Altise. I dont think there were different types of Camry per se in the 2002 range, but I am trying to offer him a comparison.

Thanks for any input...

new camry driver

raph

Ok here we go...

in 2002 i purchased a (Gen 4) Toyota Camry Advantage...

the "Limited Edition" Advantage is an end of series base model promotion... they basically give you the car body of a csi camry, add supersceeded touring wheels, give you the touring seats (note the rear pull up headrest and arm rest in the back seat) and the conquest interior, such as cruise control, the 6 speaker cd/tape/radio, front and rear power windows and then the rest is standard...

4 wheel disc brakes, speedo and tacho, vss security (ignition alarm-try winding down window locking car and then reaching in and inserting the key into the ignition and you'll know what i mean, then try opening the door from the inside... it auto locks making the vehicle harder to steal), power mirrors and intermittent wipers, full size spare (alloy), gas lift bonet struts with sound deadening insulation, a third cooling fan... (the Gen 5 doesnt have it V6model comparison), galvanised body panels from the roof down (resists rust), drivers airbag and remote control... did i miss anything? oh you can also dead lock you boot by turning the key anti clockwise (sedan owners) then the boot release lever wont work...

at the time of purchase...

2.2L 4 cyclinder Advantage were $24,688 Drive away

and the

3.0L V6 were $26,688 Drive away

Metalic paint $221

Got a Pic raph?

Edited by DJ-CAMRY MCV20

Many thanks for the info.

I must say I am very happy with the car. Will take some pics of it sometime soon and post them.

In the mean time, i need to organise a second fob and set of keys for it as it was only sold to me with one set of keys.