How low can i go?

hey guys

i was just wandering whats the lowest set of coil springs i can put on a stock 95 camry shocks? Im gonna prob get JUMBOZ springs as for they r quite cheap and wld u recommend using bumpstops?

cheers!

the reason im using the stock suspension is so the ride wont be tooo hard...so does anyone know how many inches or cms?

cheers

A side effect of going low is you have to up the spring and dampener rates as you wont have as much stroke to absorb the bumps. The bump stops are recommended as you don't want the strut trying to push the strut piston out the top. Once that makes contact with the top of the strut (bottoming out), its stuffed. The same in true in true in the opposite direction (topping out), however you encounter another problem where the springs can come off of their seats and cause damage.

If money can stretch to something like Tein wagon they won't be too hard as they'll be around the 3kg/mm mark.

In all seriousness dude (sorry I had a few beers before, BECKS FTW!) Rolla Boy is on the money. I'd say about a visible gap of 1 inch between the tyre and guard is low enough. If you drop it lower it can look 'ghetto low' which is worse than having it at 4x4 height.

thanx

so u reckon i shld jst drop and have an inch clearance on the tyres?? i can keep the stock shocks right??

You'll be able to keep the stock shocks for... oh... maybe a year depending on how much you're driving? They'll blow out rather fast.

I'm not too sure whether they'll have enough travel, in my experience, if you were going much lower than usual you'd replace the shocks with shortened ones.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...