Storing/Display previous fuel consumption data

rzkman

Hi all,

I was under the impression that every time I open the fuel lid, the current average consumption gets added to history and the average gets reset. At the moment whenever I fill up, the average gets reset, but the previous 1st, 2nd, 3rd information remains blank. I've filled up about 4-5 times now and it is not keeping track. Did I miss a step? How come it doesn't store previous fuel consumption averages?

Thanks

Ray

I am not 100% sure the average after refill is triggered by the fuel cap.

I think it is triggered by fuel sensor detecting an increase.

Tell you why I think that. Because there were couple of times I refilled to the top when the tank was 90% full (well you had to do that when you saw cheap fuel.... :unsure: ), the "average after refill" did not reset.

So I think when the ECU sense a significant increase in level and triggered the reset... <_<

• 1 year later...

so is it confirmed you need to manually reset in the dash each time you fill up in order for the FUEL HISTORY to show??

I also have filled 4-5 times now, and the screen history is also blank

I should read the manual i guess but its probably at the bottom of a very full glove box!