New member, New car User...Just some questions for the more experienced.

get a heavy one from twm.. aspec is good if you like stickers, but so much cheap **** there lol

Dont forget the air fresheners

that reminds me.. i need one, the one i have now has no smell :huh:

no worries jeremy.. glad i could be of some assistance!

Edited by $ANGELO$

Theres a place in Bayswater that'll do em for $250, if ya talk nicely enough to em lol

Can get the details after the long weekend

....for the tail lights.....

Edited by sporti

Theres a place in Bayswater that'll do em for $250, if ya talk nicely enough to em lol

Thatd be great if you could mate. Only down the road from my work so can nip down during lunch.

Also got another newbie question.

The tires on my car are still going good (~14,000kms) and dont really wanna think about replacing them atm but wanted to look at getting some new rims as the stock ones are a bit meh and nothing too special. Is it possible to get some 16" 17" rims and keep the stock tires or will i need to get some new lower profile ones cause I like my big chunky tires :P

Edited by keifer33

Thatd be great if you could mate. Only down the road from my work so can nip down during lunch.

The tires on my car are still going good (~14,000kms) and dont really wanna think about replacing them atm but wanted to look at getting some new rims as the stock ones are a bit meh and nothing too special. Is it possible to get some 16" 17" rims and keep the stock tires or will i need to get some new lower profile ones cause I like my big chunky tires :P

Just imagine that ur rims is ur foot and ur tyre is ur shoe :) if ur a size 8 2 yrs ago and size 10 now :) i doubt u can fit into those size 8 shoes anymore :)

bigger rims = bigger tyres but for the non-stivo the maximum legal size ur rim can go is 17" (correct me if im wrong)

Just imagine that ur rims is ur foot and ur tyre is ur shoe :) if ur a size 8 2 yrs ago and size 10 now :) i doubt u can fit into those size 8 shoes anymore :)

bigger rims = bigger tyres but for the non-stivo the maximum legal size ur rim can go is 17" (correct me if im wrong)

the size thing varies from state to state.. ive seen 22's on clubsports here!

LOL I sounded like a noob then, sorry late night post. Was more asking if I get 15" Rims they dont look overly stupid with the stock tires or should i just go all out for some 17"s and not so low profile tires?

Guest fujiwara_tofu

lol... if u get larger rolling diameter ur car will accelerate slower as the final gearing is changed.

it will also sit the car higher and raise its center of gravity.

seriously thel is no point in having big tyres and big rims...

:o

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

Guest fujiwara_tofu

eaqch time the rim size increases, the tyre size decreases.. most sensibal way.

oh just to spice this post up....

funny-pictures-cat-invisible-putting-on-pants.jpg

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

• 2 weeks later...

After not having any questions for a while...on my lunch break today decided to head down to a few tire places in perth to get an idea on the costs of getting some new rims and tyres, after nearly having a heart attack at the prices (ruffly $1600 for 4x17" rims and tyres) and looking at different brands (ANZ and Speedy) had some designs that I liked but I def cant afford that type of $$$'s and seens ive still got 5 nice treaded tyres I cant afford to not use. So had anyone reaplced the stock steelies with some 15" rims and kept the tyres. Or can someone recommend someone around the perth area that has managed to get some cheaper rim&tyre packages. I know im probly asking heaps for them too be under $1000 but really that is way over my budget.

The tyres on my current car are 195/60r15 but I dont know whether they would fit on 15 x 6.5 which is what im looking at in the brochure now. Im guessing they wont look as pimpin as some 17's but gotta be better than stock ones.

Also what size are the sportivo rims, im guessing 16's as I wouldnt be that lucky to pick up a 2nd hand set or 15's lol. Basically want to make my ride different without blowing holes in my wallet.

After not having any questions for a while...on my lunch break today decided to head down to a few tire places in perth to get an idea on the costs of getting some new rims and tyres, after nearly having a heart attack at the prices (ruffly $1600 for 4x17" rims and tyres) and looking at different brands (ANZ and Speedy) had some designs that I liked but I def cant afford that type of $$$'s and seens ive still got 5 nice treaded tyres I cant afford to not use. So had anyone reaplced the stock steelies with some 15" rims and kept the tyres. Or can someone recommend someone around the perth area that has managed to get some cheaper rim&tyre packages. I know im probly asking heaps for them too be under $1000 but really that is way over my budget.

The tyres on my current car are 195/60r15 but I dont know whether they would fit on 15 x 6.5 which is what im looking at in the brochure now. Im guessing they wont look as pimpin as some 17's but gotta be better than stock ones.

Also what size are the sportivo rims, im guessing 16's as I wouldnt be that lucky to pick up a 2nd hand set or 15's lol. Basically want to make my ride different without blowing holes in my wallet.

dont bother with most tyre joints down in perth (except for tech9) check out tempetyres.com.au and whtever u want.. bring it to tech9 and ask them to get them in.. a decent set of 17" is around 1200 :)

decent set of 16 can be as long as 900 bucks..

these are all WITH TYRES

Edited by Kenneth

Thanks kenneth, I will have to check em out when I get a chance to pop down.

Sorry im still trying to understand how all this works...

Basically the rolling diamater of the wheel between the normal wheels and say 17s is the same cause the 17 has more rim and less tyre where as the 15 has less rim and more tyre?

If so its not gonna look stupid if i repace the stock rims with some nicer 15s

Is there any huge benefit of going to 17 or even 16's apart from the obvious insanley good looks?

Edited by keifer33

If those sorts of prices scare you then forget about a massive wheel and tyre combo 'cos those brands are ratsh!t.

There are some insane deals on 15" wheels around if that floats your boat