Car Will not start!

Last night my car did not start again. I tried to push start the car but I don;t think this car lets u push start it. After trying to push start it the car started OK.

I don't think it's the alarm or immobilser as it starts after attempting to push start it. I think it's a broken cog or teeth in the flywheel because when releasing the clutch when rolling causes the flywheel to move. Would this be correct? Any suggestion guys?

Im no mechanic but I similar problem in my old MY94 WRX, gave me the sh*ts coz it was so random, it ended up being a faulty crank angle sensor, it thought it was protecting the engine and wouldnt let me start the car.

hi blackrolla, do you hear the solenoid click over? if it clicks but the engine doesn't crank, it could be the solenoid. if it cranks but doesn't start then it could be a multitude of causes.

You can hear a buzzing noise when you turn the key to start it. There is no clicking noise or Engine cranking over. It's just like a humming noise. But when you push the car back and forth trying to push start the car then it would work. It's so weird. It's giving me the sh!ts. Just when I'm about to get my new car. :angry:

I feel sorry for the next owner of this car.

By the way, if anybody wants a pair of black eye lids PM me. I can rip them off (if possible).

You can hear a buzzing noise when you turn the key to start it. There is no clicking noise or Engine cranking over. It's just like a humming noise. But when you push the car back and forth trying to push start the car then it would work. It's so weird. It's giving me the sh!ts. Just when I'm about to get my new car.  :angry:

I feel sorry for the next owner of this car.

The buzzing noise is probably the fuel pump building up pressure in the rails, it should stop after a few seconds. If it doesn't stop then that implies something starter-related is buzzing, which isn't so good. If there's no click from the relay trying to engage the starter, or the gear throwing into the flywheel.. then probably a sensor/ecu problem.. that's real bad .. but you didn't need me to tell you that.

- Matthew

It wouldn't be the plugs because it's not cranking to begin with. Have you had any timing belts replaced recently? check to see that all ignition leads are connected.

I'm not sure about the new Rollas but my old celica gave out error code when i shorted out certain pins on the diagnostic cap. the check engine light would flash a certain sequence giving the error code. then it was simply a matter of check the manual to get a description for the error code.

anyone know if that can be done on the new rollas?

The car is currently at the service department. It's been there for 2 days. I took it to another Toyota service before taking it back to where I normally take it. They checked it and they reckon it's the alarm and told me to take it back to where I got my alarm fitted. I have some doubt that it is the alam as it can be push started. So now it's back at the the other Toyota service and they still have't worked out the problem.

The problem is not consistent. It happens sometimes and most times is when u leave the car sitting there for a while. I think it could be the solenoid or connecting rods.It also could be the flywheel but wouldn't the engine still crank over?

The car is currently at the service department. It's been there for 2 days. I took it to another Toyota service before taking it back to where I normally take it. They checked it and they reckon it's the alarm and told me to take it back to where I got my alarm fitted. I have some doubt that it is the alam as it can be push started. So now it's back at the the other Toyota service and they still have't worked out the problem.

The problem is not consistent. It happens sometimes and most times is when u leave the car sitting there for a while. I think it could be the solenoid or connecting rods.It also could be the flywheel but wouldn't the engine still crank over?

Solenoid is the most likely culprit by the sound of things. if you don't hear it clicking then it could be relay or even the ignition barrel.

OK. got my car back yesterday afternoon and they said it is fixed. It was a broken or loose connection to the starter motor. It took them this long to figure that out. They could have checked that the first thing. I hope it was that and nothing else. So now it's been working OK but hope it lasts until my Honda arrives. I've had enough with Toyota. Never will I buy a Toyota again.

OK. got my car back yesterday afternoon and they said it is fixed. It was a broken or loose connection to the starter motor. It took them this long to figure that out. They could have checked that the first thing. I hope it was that and nothing else. So now it's been working OK but hope it lasts until my Honda arrives. I've had enough with Toyota. Never will I buy a Toyota again.

Good to hear that its sorted out and enjoy your Honda!