Extortion from service department

Taka

Well first service as most of you in the diamond program is $150. Cheap cheap.

The wiper is extra cost.

Mazda charges $22 for a set. Well I thought may as well for my Kluger at the 10K service.

**** they quote me $55 a set for the front! :help:

Anyway, they don't have one in stock so I am forced to do it at 20K. Thank *** that there is no rain in Melbourne and the wiper does not get used often.

*ouch*...I don't get it, how old is the car? If it didn't get much used, why does it need changing already at 10K?

In regards to the $150 'fixed price' service, can't remember if it includes oil and filter. If it is just for the labour, then it isn't that cheap for a Jap car...of course it is still a bargain compared to servicing something like a MB or BMW.

Anyway, they don't have one in stock so I am forced to do it at 20K. Thank *** that there is no rain in Melbourne and the wiper does not get used often.

Well first service as most of you in the diamond program is $150. Cheap cheap.

The wiper is extra cost.

Mazda charges $22 for a set. Well I thought may as well for my Kluger at the 10K service.

**** they quote me $55 a set for the front! :help:

Worn that quicky??

No it is not worn but I tend to change it every 10K if I was cheap to make it use properly. Mind you in 4 months and 10K the Mazda one will be worn. But the Kluger one is ok

Yes it is service advantage sorry.

rzkman. $150 is for everything, including any factory repair (presume under warranty). Any extra request is extra. My senior college at work told me once that she complained about the sat nav map in her Kluger being too old and they replaced another one for free! :o Can I try that?

Btw why when I typed the word *** (the man in heaven) it will blank out?

wow...so even at the sight of the slightest streak you will replace the blades? I don't think I even replaced the blades on my Silvia once and I had it for 4.5 years with 60K on the clock...whoops... still got my roadworthy cert though when I sold her...

No it is not worn but I tend to change it every 10K if I was cheap to make it use properly. Mind you in 4 months and 10K the Mazda one will be worn. But the Kluger one is ok

Yes I will change it when it have streaks, although by cleaning them frequently you will make it last longer. I use rainX a lot and love to keep the front window clean and visible as much as I could.

It is safety for yourself really. So far it does not have streak yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I will change it when it have streaks, although by cleaning them frequently you will make it last longer. I use rainX a lot and love to keep the front window clean and visible as much as I could.

It is safety for yourself really. So far it does not have streak yet.

Wiper blades like brakes etc, are wear and tear items which would not be covered by the $150 service plan i dont think, when a dealer services my previous cars, i always say dont change the wipers, dont put it through the carwash,( when i had a minor hail damage repaired, they ruined the rest of the car by putting it through a carwash! circular scratches on every panel including the freshly painted one!)

Unless toyota offer a hand carwash, i wont let anyone touch the kluger.

Carwash at dealer? Serious?

I have never wash the car since Stage 3a water restriction started. I go to the same hand carwash place, the same one that Porsche Melbourne uses for their customers car (*not proven, but I saw a Porsche tech drove couple of nice Porsche to the same car wash).

I have never wash the car since Stage 3a water restriction started. I go to the same hand carwash place, the same one that Porsche Melbourne uses for their customers car (*not proven, but I saw a Porsche tech drove couple of nice Porsche to the same car wash).

Holden was our last car, and they used rain water to wash customer cars, and toyota in frankston also have the same thing, not sure if it is part of their service, but i know ford prior did as well(before water restrictions)

you didn't know? One of the Melb dealers offer free car washes for the life of the car if you buy your Toyota from them.

That is if you dare...a friend had his car scratched there during a wash....maybe their way of telling you that you shouldn't go back that often ;)