lowering my 06 corolla

Browny

ive been looking on here for quite a while at heaps of different posts but i still cant really find wat im looking for. I have an 06 corolla hatch that I want to lower. I think im going to use king springs. However i have read on some posts that i should use low ones on the front and super lows on the back to make the car sit level and handle better. Is this reccomended or should i just go with either the lows or supers??

The other problem i have is convincing my parents to let me lower it. They think that it will void our insurance if i was to prang the car. We are with elders insurance so if anyone out there has any advice as to what happens to the insurance if i lower my car could you let me no? :)

Yes you do read right about having lows in the front and super lows in the rear to make the car sit perfectly level. I actually did the development work with my suspension supplier on this. Make a very noticable difference to the way the car handles.

As for the insurance so long as you don't lower the car under the legal limit you shouldn't have a worry. If your insurance company doesn't allow you then find one who will. By using lows and super lows you are still some 15mm higher than the permitted 100mm legal height.

• 1 month later...

I am now ready to lower my car and im going to go with lows on the front and super lows on the back. Just a question to anyone out there that has done this to their car. What happens when 3 average size adults are in the back seat? how much lower will the car sit and will it cause it to scrape at all?? This is my only worry as sometimes i have other people in my car and it weighs down enough on standard springs. Oh and if anyone has any pictures of their car with lows on the front and supers on the back could you post them please. Id like to see some pictures of different cars that have had this done to them. I cant find any anywhere else....