ECU upgrade

Gents,

I know this question has been discussed b4, but I realli want someone who has experience on ECU upgrade.

Now finally after all I have purchased all the chassis upgrade, its time for me to gain some power.

atm i have CES xhaust and extractors and also the Blitz intake. I realised that the blitz sucks too much air and so I feel like losing a bit of power after 6rpm. Can ECU upgrade maximise the gain on my intake and exhaust?

at this point i can only feel the the CES extractor is giving me much smoother power before VVTIL kicks but it feels like its slower even the exhaust been put in.

I ring unichips, i know they provide the cheapest tune available but ppl said that with these piggyback systems, the stock ECU can return back to stock settings after sometime. Is this true?

Others been discussing Greddy unit?

Motec sounds out of my budget .....

so what can I do?

approx i dont mind spend 2 k on it, please advice

Gents,

I know this question has been discussed b4, but I realli want someone who has experience on ECU upgrade.

Now finally after all I have purchased all the chassis upgrade, its time for me to gain some power.

atm i have CES xhaust and extractors and also the Blitz intake. I realised that the blitz sucks too much air and so I feel like losing a bit of power after 6rpm. Can ECU upgrade maximise the gain on my intake and exhaust?

at this point i can only feel the the CES extractor is giving me much smoother power before VVTIL kicks but it feels like its slower even the exhaust been put in.

I ring unichips, i know they provide the cheapest tune available but ppl said that with these piggyback systems, the stock ECU can return back to stock settings after sometime. Is this true?

Others been discussing Greddy unit?

Motec sounds out of my budget .....

so what can I do?

approx i dont mind spend 2 k on it, please advice

You're kinda contridicting yourself mate with what you have said. You say your CAI is sucking too much air but once lift kicks in it slower?? My guess would be check your filter. what brand is it?? Is it clean? With what you have on your car it will perform a lot better off lift so you won't have as bigger kick once lift is engaged at 6000rpm. Knowing the CES catback system inside and out my guess is if you think it is slower top end then check the air filter. The only cars that have had dramas top after fitting exhausts and CAI's have been CAI related or restrictive filter choice not allowing enough air into the engine. Make sure your MAF is clean too.

Is your blitz intake by any chance a SRI??

If it is then its time to get a CAI, the SRI didn't make much of a difference up top. For me the CES CAI produced the most amount of gain on any mods that I've got on my corolla. Also especially if your not travelling at speed, all that hot air is only getting sucked into the engine......which is of course not that good..

If your keen on spending up to 2K or maybe a little more then the PFC would be good. Trust me :D

Don't bother trying to adjust the A/F ratios as they should be quite good already, the stock computer handles it pretty well. The vvti is where all the power is being hidden. So its best to be able to get a computer that can change those settings

Is your blitz intake by any chance a SRI??

If it is then its time to get a CAI, the SRI didn't make much of a difference up top. For me the CES CAI produced the most amount of gain on any mods that I've got on my corolla. Also especially if your not travelling at speed, all that hot air is only getting sucked into the engine......which is of course not that good..

If your keen on spending up to 2K or maybe a little more then the PFC would be good. Trust me :D

Don't bother trying to adjust the A/F ratios as they should be quite good already, the stock computer handles it pretty well. The vvti is where all the power is being hidden. So its best to be able to get a computer that can change those settings

Well setting do u need to change?

Will unichips do the job?

If you search you'll find that a member here has a unichip on his car and he gained around 10kw overall. But then again how much is the unichip supplied and fit + tuning?? For the same price I'm sure the PFC would be a better solution, but at the end of the day its your decision mate.

Back to my original question, is your blitz intake a short ram intake??