Track Day

At Wakefield today i ran against many cars from V8s to 4 cylinders to turbos rwd and awd and the Stivo held its own on the straight against most of fwd main rivals like Ford Focus ST170 and Clio Sport. Handling wise the Stivo will stand no chance if it was stock suspension setup. With my added suspension bits i was able to keep up with the Clio Sport for a couple of laps but i soon buckled :( The tyres and brakes became jello :( Didn't get a chance to run the Mini Cooper S and Pug Gti180 much today, as i ran low on fuel :blink: .

A VY SV8 was surprised by the straight line speed of the stivo when he tried to chase me down and said he only barely reeled in on the straight. ANd when corners arrive bye bye! There was also a Toyota Celica SX 2ZZ-GE, WRX and STi (I ran this WRX with exhaust mod for 5-6 laps and i stuck with him except the straight where his torque and awd gave him an edge.) There were heaps more cars around like a Type R DC2 with rollcage and big brakes that ran a 1min13 timed by me. That is the same lap time as a Porsche GT3 out there today. There was also a Mirage cup car that ran 1min12, 1min13. As a comparison, i ran a best of 1min18 (sloppy time but Wakefield is a tough track for the Stivo wheelspinning and understeering too much slowing lap time, plus the Bates only manged to get 1min17 from the Stivo so i am not far off :P ) The Bates got 1min14s for the Clio and Pug Gti180! So you all know at Wakefield its tough to run against our rivals ;)

There were also Maseratis, Ferrarris F355, 360, Audi RS4, Lotus Elise, Big V8s etc. Very fun day all up! :lol:

Was looking at the web site and it's ~$2K to book out the place for that day, but early next year there are some track open speed days coming up on weekends, could be busy but might be better for those who have to work....

Check it out

Wakefield Park Home Page

Yeh we should just turn up on an open speed day. It will cost $80 for that day, $20 helmet and $20-30 club comp licence for 1 year. That way we get to run other cars too.

Does your insurance cover you for incidents on a track? or do you get track insurance for the day?

No mate insurance won't cover any track incidents. You are fully responsible for your vehicle. If your car needs to be towed they charge you for it, or if its leaking oil they charge you for sand. Just got to use our common sense out there really and not do ridiculous things. But the track is a very safe place to drive our cars, much safer than the street with no trees, poles, pedestrains etc. Make sure your car is roadworthy, maintained, serviced and i think street cars need to be insured.

Also we arn't supposed to be "racing" on open speed days just drive really fast! :D

Today there was a Ferrari 360 Modenna that kept spinning out of control and facing the wrong direction. There was also an incident where it wanted to enter pit lane but missed it and it just STOPPED on the straight!! He also grabbed REVERSE to try and reverse back into pit lane! 3 cars had to practice evasive action and E-braking to avoid scratching his $300,000 vehicle <_< Common sense...

Edited by ZEEROLLA