changin a 94 Camry from AUTO to MANUAL

Cam4 2.3

Hey all, i got a 94 Camry with the 2.2 4cyl, its currently runnin the auto 4 spd and i want to change it to the 5 spd manual thats in similar models..

Im just wonderin if anyone has ever heard of doing this before or if its a good idea. nyways im in Perth so if anyone knows of a place that could give a quote or got any advice that'd be much appreciated. Also for the auto to manual conversion in this car how much money would i be looking at roughly?cheers

Michael

Hey all, i got a 94 Camry with the 2.2 4cyl, its currently runnin the auto 4 spd and i want to change it to the 5 spd manual thats in similar models..

Im just wonderin if anyone has ever heard of doing this before or if its a good idea. nyways im in Perth so if anyone knows of a place that could give a quote or got any advice that'd be much appreciated. Also for the auto to manual conversion in this car how much money would i be looking at roughly?cheers

Michael

If your car is in a really good and exceptional conditon, by another one swap the trannys over and sell it again. Hopefully you will get your money back.

Or check out Pickles damaged car Auctions and see if you can pick up a smashed one from there.

This way will get everything you will need and will know how to put it together.

Otherwise just by another car and sell the one you have.

Probably worth selling the auto and buying a manual... provided you can find one

• 2 weeks later...

See if you're able to source the E153 Gearbox mate... very strong. Came from the V6 Camrys, and (correct if I'm wrong) the 3SGTE MR2s back in the day.

Or... do what the other lads have suggested :)