Best car alarm set up

hey guys....as some of u know....i will be gettin an mx5 soon...coz its gonna be a softop i need to know wats the best car alarm i can get for it....plus im also thinking abt getting a gps tracking system...does ne1 here reccomend a certain brand?? and btw im willing to spend up to 5,000. any help will be appreciated

cheers!

Edited by wishbone

Viper mate, i love them! u can keep getting addons for it. my ex car, with click of button it'll rise down, close all windows, close sunroof and turbo timer will cut off the eangine iwithin time i would tell the car :P and by click of button car staart up the engine,rise it up to normal settings, open the sunroof to where it was and windows. i just had to jump in the car and drive.

Gps, in convertable not very good idea. tom tom is good used it couple of times and its good, easy to use, relaible and smart.

for $5000, u can get WAAAAYYYYY better than Viper.. actually it is a matter of how the alarm is installed.. i have 2 alarm system(with their own sensors) and 2 immobilizer in my camry.. if i were u, i rather just keep the original alarm(or just a simple alarm) and buy 2 tracking system service(1 with monthly fee and another without, where i can introduce moongoose with those sim card thingy.. i m using too)! HIDE THEM WELL!! way better than just decent alarm. I believe u will end up spending less than 3k..

Edited by dannywss

Gps, in convertable not very good idea. tom tom is good used it couple of times and its good, easy to use, relaible and smart.

i think hes not refering to GPS Navigator

ive heard that if u have gps tracking.. ur insurance will be lowered too..

cheers guys...so u think i can wrap it all in with a 3k budget....thnx.....so vipers make the best? how abt rhino? are they any good....yeah mate im not talking abt the GPs navigator....im talking about somethin like this Gps Tracking

Under 3k is possibleee.. very..

Viper? Do they even have black wiring? if no, and the insurance company found out, your insurance wont be able to claim for losing your car. Bear in mind.

I hv Viper VX791 too, coz i wan the auto start, and on another car, i got mongoose, with GSM..

Also, the GPS tracking is NOT THAT accurate. I tries 2..(did not tried a lot, coz dont hv tat much money) If you take a good read, the exact distance of the car can be 100-500m away.. So, it is not tat good for chasing someone, but good if the car stopped and the thieve is stupid enough to let the car battery on..

cheers mate...black wiring...dunno wat tht is....i have heard some GPS systems can notify u by sms when ur car moves....thts quite useful...and would remote start work with a manual? coz i know u need to depress the clutch...and i think it would be quite risky if u dont put the manual into gear while the car is parked.....

Every one jumps up and down about black wiring but to be honest who gives to sh!ts.

If someone wants to steal your car - They will - Black wiring or not.

The worst thing about black wiring is that if something goes wrong, good luck finding/fixing the problem.

Just my 2c.

yea, you dont give a shxt, but some do~ and your INSURANCE COMPANY WILL DO~

imagine, your car stollen, u report it missing, and yea good, insurance pay u in full(market price for the car), and damn, they found your car somewhere.. checked it~ "oh, the alarm is modded and ILLEGAL/not-approved alarm system, hrm.. i should get the money back from U then hey??"

how fun is tat?

I use alarm, and gps tracking coz i want my car, rather than getting money from insurance, and wait for months for my money.. RE-buy my car.. face trouble with some scum shxt insurance who just wanna make all **** reason not to pay... blablabla.. i would save myself from these troubles, coz i have faced insurance company 3 times, and the lesson is not to rely on them.

manual car can have auto-start, CONFIRM.

yea, you dont give a shxt, but some do~ and your INSURANCE COMPANY WILL DO~

imagine, your car stollen, u report it missing, and yea good, insurance pay u in full(market price for the car), and damn, they found your car somewhere.. checked it~ "oh, the alarm is modded and ILLEGAL/not-approved alarm system, hrm.. i should get the money back from U then hey??"

how fun is tat?

I use alarm, and gps tracking coz i want my car, rather than getting money from insurance, and wait for months for my money.. RE-buy my car.. face trouble with some scum shxt insurance who just wanna make all **** reason not to pay... blablabla.. i would save myself from these troubles, coz i have faced insurance company 3 times, and the lesson is not to rely on them.

manual car can have auto-start, CONFIRM.

yeah too right....i rather have my car back then wait years to get the money from the insurance company....i have already been f**kd around by my insurance before...so i dont want it to happen again....insurance companies are just big fat money hungry businesses....they only want to make money and dont give a flying f**k abt their customers!