windows xp service pack 3

JJCRU23R

yeah i agree with filing vista in the rubbish bin

xp works fine for me....at the moment

but im getting sick of all the little things our dearest billy gates does to snoop on us all.....no i dont want to send an error report to you bill sorry.

im seriously looking at getting a mac system......no software "upgrades" not even a need for a firewall to surf the net as linux is harder to hack than a "windows" system.

it doesnt crash

you dont need to reinstall the os

and best of all is when you buy it..its not out of date when you get it home...you get everything you will ever need when you first buy it.

cheers

but im getting sick of all the little things our dearest billy gates does to snoop on us all.....no i dont want to send an error report to you bill sorry.

im seriously looking at getting a mac system......no software "upgrades" not even a need for a firewall to surf the net as linux is harder to hack than a "windows" system.

it doesnt crash

and best of all is when you buy it..its not out of date when you get it home...you get everything you will ever need when you first buy it.

cheers

Macs do crash. They have something known as a GSOD (Grey screen of Death) as opposed to the BSOD that windows machines have.

Mac's do get updates. They don't just release OS X and be done with it. It has flaws which get patched over time. =P

The only reason it works out of the box is because all macs of the same model have the same gear inside, so they've integrated all the drivers etc into the install dvd.

it doesnt crash

cheers

Look up the name Charlie Miller. He hacked a AirBook in under 2 minutes using an easy internet exploit to gain control of the laptop. LINK

Macs are crap, and only for the computer illiterate and people who get amazed by looking at shiny dangling keys!

Oh and if you get a virus on the mac... no antivirus will be able to help you ;)

i have a close family friend who has been using a mac for the last 10 years. never had a crash or any other problem. as for your "shiny key" comment.....he has used this mac for writing top end business programs that he has sold worldwide as nearly all of them use a linux based system.

i really dont care if you put a mac down and crap all over it. unless you have actually USED a mac and understand that it is BETTER than all the generic ibm machines out there....then you are still living under a rock...perhaps you should crawl back under it........

cheers

i have a close family friend who has been using a mac for the last 10 years. never had a crash or any other problem. as for your "shiny key" comment.....he has used this mac for writing top end business programs that he has sold worldwide as nearly all of them use a linux based system.

LOL big whooop. Writing a program is not about what computer you use, but rather how talented and creative the programmer is. And guess what! PC can also write Linux programs :o

i really dont care if you put a mac down and crap all over it. unless you have actually USED a mac and understand that it is BETTER than all the generic ibm machines out there....then you are still living under a rock...perhaps you should crawl back under it........

cheers

You sound like those 13yo apple fanboy all over the net. I actually do use and have been using macs for the past 10 years on a monthly and weekly (these past few years) basis for uni and research work. And I really don't understand why theres so much hype with them. Maybe its a way the mac owners use to justify for paying more for being pretty. Been using the same programs/applications on both, and they feel exactly the same, if not the pc is actually easier to use, so how can it be BETTER? If you think apples don't crash, then maybe you should go and USE one yourself.

BTW: if you can give the PC sh!t, the least you can do is take it like a man when its thrown back at ya, so have a cry somewhere else.

Edited by DHC09

it doesnt crash

cheers

Look up the name Charlie Miller. He hacked a AirBook in under 2 minutes using an easy internet exploit to gain control of the laptop. LINK

Macs are crap, and only for the computer illiterate and people who get amazed by looking at shiny dangling keys!

Oh and if you get a virus on the mac... no antivirus will be able to help you ;)

supertownace,

shut the **** up. Most of then things you just said are wrong...a) all macs need software updates, just the same as windows or even linux. b ) you are a moron to surf the net on any platform without a firewall c) you can hack anything if you really want to, all OS's have flaws. d) you haven't used a mac much have you... if **** hits the fan, its formatting time... same as windows.. although its harder to **** up than windows. e) mac os is great, and so is the hardware, but as far as having every thing you will ever want, it dosent. Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc all are separate programs same as windows...

Dave,

I wouldn't go as far as saying that macs are for computer illiterate people though. Yes, they are quite easy to use and have a lot of nice shiny bits... but the is a whole load of BSD goodness under the hood that power users can play with.

I have both mac and pc's and use windows, linux and windows. All three OS's have their place, and everyone has their own personal preferences and needs.

But fanboy dickheads on either side make everyone else look like idiots.

(not a go at you dave, thats aimed at supertownace)

Edited by mick.wheelz

I wouldn't go as far as saying that macs are for computer illiterate people though. Yes, they are quite easy to use and have a lot of nice shiny bits... but the is a whole load of BSD goodness under the hood that power users can play with.

All good Mick, was just having a go townace :P

All good Mick, was just having a go townace :P

NP :)

fanboys sucks, no matter what the sackride.