Corolla diesel-1995 import

I recently purchased a 1995 Corolla fitted with a 1974cc 2C 4cyl diesel an import from Japan and plated in Aus 2000.

Brilliant litlle car but I cannot come to grips with a manual for the diesel engine. Toyota gave me a copy of 1995 Corolla Aus style which covers most bodywork issues.

I should like to have a service manual of sorts to keep abreast of servicing schedules.

The main advice offered is when the engine fails then service it. Other advice is that this 2C engine was fitted to the 88 to 92 lite-ace vehicles- is it?

Any help welcome Jack Young

Your engine model is 2C-III

2.0 L (1974 cc) 4 cylinder diesel - 53 kW

I found that on wikipedia, however they dont have a page for that egine (which would have a list of all vehicles it was fitted to). By also searching wikipedia for the Lite ace, came up with very little (that it was released in 2 litre deisel). but now you have a little bit more info on the engine.

I recently purchased a 1995 Corolla fitted with a 1974cc 2C 4cyl diesel an import from Japan and plated in Aus 2000.

Brilliant litlle car but I cannot come to grips with a manual for the diesel engine. Toyota gave me a copy of 1995 Corolla Aus style which covers most bodywork issues.

I should like to have a service manual of sorts to keep abreast of servicing schedules.

The main advice offered is when the engine fails then service it. Other advice is that this 2C engine was fitted to the 88 to 92 lite-ace vehicles- is it?

Any help welcome Jack Young

hi jack.....

i have rebuilt this engine...mine is a 2c-t actually. im unsure about if it was fitted to any aussie lite-ace vans......but i DO know that they are fitted to the jap import version of a tarago. they have been around since about 84ish i believe.

parts are available from toyota...but VERY expensive...best to try aftermarket....be careful if you rebuild it...they changed a few internal parts halfway through 1985.

other than this its a normal toyota diesel engine.

i have tested several types/grades of oil in this engine also....have found BP c3 mono 30 oil THE BEST.

hope this helps

cheers