Power

hahahha

err for that post where we were talkin about motor magazine and the astra, mini etc....

you cannot really compare those cars equally with the stivo or any non-turbo smal car as its requirements, driving, handling and design in general will be different.

IMO the turbo cars will always "seem" better such as thr astra, mini because the turbo would give the torque where the 2ZZ struggles...., but the class of car which would make a more fair comparison would be stivo to a focus or laser or mazda etc etc if u get my drift...

besides it seems sometimes that the mini and astra are way overpriced and over-rated...

Exec6speed, i was look at ur pics in ur signature and noticed u have a pretty big spelling mistake. and Lift Inteligence'.

Guess you gotta be right atleast once.. :P I would have saidan error in term actually.. Thats -1 for the academics...:lol:

Hi Guys,

read my post at the link below as i wasnt going to type it all again for times tests perfomred overseas and other info about testing the sportivo + good old toyota customer experience :angry: .

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/index.php?s...t=50entry1528

samppa, i dont think this is correct for several simple reasons

1) the celica which is lighter but has a very very very simliar mechanical make up is 0.7 sec slower ? (i think thats a bit to much)

2) this can be proven mathematically that is the corolla has a power to weight of 6.3kg per horse power and the celica has a 6.2kg per horse power so the celica is pulling less weight for each horse power and logically that means it should go faster only because the mechanics are almost identical. (I ONLY say this because the mechanics are almost the same this is not always true for different cars that is power to wieght telling us which is quicker)

3) i have 2 car tests which indicate times of 7.7 and 7.8 for the sportivo 0-100. 1 done in finland and 1 done by top gear in england which tells me that i think he has made a mistake and it should say 7.7 rather than 6.7 on the website.

I have sent him an email asking if this is a mistake anyway will let you know if i get a reply

in terms of calculating power....this is how it's done.

and i can prove it works..coz i've got the dyno sheets to prove it.

Stivo has 141kw at the flywheel. this means that it has 141 hp at the wheels.

1kw = 1.3hp

141hp/1.3=108.46kw.

Thus, the stivo should have 108.46kw at the wheels.

I also worked this out with my levin. and after my exhaust mods..i was putting out 111kw at the flywheel. Enough to beat SSS :D

(spend quite a bit of time with a calculator and a lot of paper scribbling and figuring it out...and i'm pretty confident this formula works.)