Car alarms

Hey people,

I'm thinking of installing some aftermarket car alarms that will integrate with the stock immobalizer and key, I've e-mailed a few shops (can't remember who but I e-mailed some Flashpoint installers + some others) and does anyone have any indication of brands and cost/features?

I'm located near North Sydney.

Hey people,

I'm thinking of installing some aftermarket car alarms that will integrate with the stock immobalizer and key, I've e-mailed a few shops (can't remember who but I e-mailed some Flashpoint installers + some others) and does anyone have any indication of brands and cost/features?

I had a aftermarket alarm installed but it didnt want to work with the existing stock immobalizer, so had to rip it out and that wasted me $350.00 I then went and had a factory alarm upgrade installed $450.00 and it work perfect with the existing stock immobalizer and only using the factory remote key. you can also install a window lifter kit at the same time, this will close all your windows when you lock the car :)

hope this helps.

Hey people,

I had a aftermarket alarm installed but it didnt want to work with the existing stock immobalizer, so had to rip it out and that wasted me $350.00 I then went and had a factory alarm upgrade installed $450.00 and it work perfect with the existing stock immobalizer and only using the factory remote key. you can also install a window lifter kit at the same time, this will close all your windows when you lock the car :)

hope this helps.

Where did you get it installed and which kit did you get? I don't think I need/want a window lifter kit unless it's really cheap! But I suppose it wouldn't really work for me since the Ascent's rear windows are not powered (unlike the base Yaris which has 4 power windows!).

If you could give some contacts it would be great :)

I tried calling AAMI but they said there were no incentives at all for installing alarms :(

Edited by derfel

I think there are 3 car alarm threads so use the search button and have a look.

Also don't expect people to be too open with what alarm system they are using on a public forum because thieves like to come prepared.