the major maintenance for Kluger

sunshine state

-- Sorry I have post it in the outer forum wrongly, can anyone help to remove that one?

Hi,

Just in case someone know, What/When is the major maintenance for Kluger? 50000 KM? or 60000KM?

Thanks first.

you are 50% right, :). because the $150 only apply within three years, which means got to reach 60K within 3 years.

The reason I ask is I am considering to take novated lease, so if within three years I could reach up the mileages, it means another little saving coming from the lease.

These engines are great so there is no timing belt to change or valve adjustments required, the only minor head ache is the spark plug change at 100,000km and again even that is pretty ***** easy IMHO.

Real basic stuff like fuel filter, air filter, oil filter and oil changes see you through most of it....... when the pads wear down simple pad change. This thing will be a dream compared to some other cars :toast:

The BIG belt hanging off the front is pretty much identical to whats on a FD RX7 and I have seen them not changed for 150,000km and still fine, should be many years of very cheap and trouble free low maintenance motoring :clap:

We got ours fully maintained through salary sacrifice. I dont think it matters how many k's we do and servicing is just done as part of the package when it due.

But I think they should fall in the $150.00 service cost for first 3years/60k.

Yeah i have the option of salary sacrifice or Novated lease, i opt'd for the novated as it will cost around $20,000 a year and salary sacrifice was about $25,000 a year, yes i could do unlimited k's but i worked out that i can still do 40,000 with the cost around $20-$22 max...

and i know how much the balloon is at the end, and i keep it.

Yeah i have the option of salary sacrifice or Novated lease, i opt'd for the novated as it will cost around $20,000 a year and salary sacrifice was about $25,000 a year, yes i could do unlimited k's but i worked out that i can still do 40,000 with the cost around $20-$22 max...

and i know how much the balloon is at the end, and i keep it.

BK, is that totally fully maintained, petrol + on A/L and just everthing included full stop.

I'm novated too via salary sac pre tax and took it on 5yrs to capture the petrol rises and major services and just interest to know, I'm happy to PM my details too.

Edited by fish475

Yes, fully maintained via novated lease, so all fuel expenses etc is pre tax. I did a 3yr and 45% residual.

Obviously the less fuel i use the better, if i go over my estimated fuel costs, then i just pay extra. I figured because of the FBT involved(im using the ECM model which means i pay the FBT after tax), it was only going to cost me slightly more to go from 25ks a yr to 40ks(est @ approx $3375 of fuel @ $1.50 a litre, 15L/100k), i would save on FBT i need to pay by approx $2000!. Net result is that if i do 15,000 extra k's, this will cost just under 1400, which works out to be $9.33/100ks!(equivalent to 6.22L/100ks)

Its a complex thing, but basically for me, i'd rather do the extra travel and pay a little extra for fuel, rather than paying $2000 extra FBT and get no satisfaction in the process. Also i got a 5 year 140,000k ext warranty with it, so it should last me 3.5 years in real terms approx. THerefore if anything goes wrong, the warranty should cover it.

ECM: employee contribution method

-- Sorry I have post it in the outer forum wrongly, can anyone help to remove that one?

Hi,

Just in case someone know, What/When is the major maintenance for Kluger? 50000 KM? or 60000KM?

Thanks first.

you are 50% right, :). because the $150 only apply within three years, which means got to reach 60K within 3 years.

The reason I ask is I am considering to take novated lease, so if within three years I could reach up the mileages, it means another little saving coming from the lease.

That is easy! I brought the K in Nov last year and we have done just under 15000km.