[Melb] Sat 5th July :: GTCC Dyno Day

For the record these are the mods on the cars .......

Guni - Stock - 102KW

Kenji - TRD CAI - 110KW

KolourHero - Injen CAI & CES EXhaust - 117.8KW

Blind Kid Seeks - Stock - 99KW (I think)

Jaderd - TRD CAI & RICE (not performance) Exhaust - 108.9KW

Guni 102kw from a stock sportivo is rather low. Especially with the colder temps you gave down there too. Stock sportivo up here in Brisneyland is around 110kw. mmmmm pondering........

Isnt that really comparing apples with oranges though.....all different dyno setups etc....shootoutmode to normal dialled in ramp mode can be upto 10 % diff etc......where it was done wasnt in a shootout mode at all......only way would be all meet on the one dyno lol......got me buggered how some stock standard ones are putting out 110 + kw......when kolorheros with CES exhaust and CAI hits 117.....but then again the ones running 110+ stock.....what settings were the dyno at etc......as theres your 10 % difference etc......its hard to know or compare....really only a comparsion between the other stivos dynoed on same day etc which today was good for... stock V CAI V CAI and CES exhaust.

EG had a dyno run last friday night.....ramp mode not shootout = 105.8kw

Today dyno run ramp mode not shootout = 108.9kw

Both farely similar, on the night i did 105.8 ramp mode GF's brothes ute 198kw ramp mode....hit button to shootout mode gave him 218kw = 10% difference from press of button on dyno......easy to manipulate pieces of machinery.....basically show what you want.

One thing it does show though is how easily some bolt on mods can make to a sportivo.....add ported headers to kolorheroes and there is your 120kw no prob

cheers

Mate no arguments here about the difference in Dyno's. Most of the Corolla's from this forum up here have been done on CES' dyno which is an old Bosch inertia dyno. No computer, just put the car on the rollers, accelerate and the pen plots your graph. Is Guni's car a prefacelift?? Cause the only Sportivo's I have ever seen make tha kind of power were before the ECU recall on the prefacelift's and Superdave's car which had a fault. The air diffuser in the airbox wasn't fitted properly and robbed him of quite a bit of power from memory. Most of the modifed sportivo's up here make between 110 and 125kw depending on mods. There is a huge variance between stocko's as we proved very quickly. Most stocko's run between say 107kw to as high as 115kw!! Azza's car stock as put out 112kw i think from memory on a warm day up here. Kolorhero's car is pretty much on the money for his mods with your colder climate than we have but for stocko's being low as they were does make the mind boggle a bit. Azza added a TRD CAI and CES catback and pushed 121kw on a warm spring day in shootout mode on Dyno dynamics dyno. I compared CES' dyno to a dyno dynamics dyno that i also get work done at and the difference was exactly 2kw higher on the dyno dynamics dyno.

Maybe next year at the National meet in Melbourne we can have a dyno day somewhere. Be pretty interesting me thinks!!

Mate no arguments here about the difference in Dyno's. Most of the Corolla's from this forum up here have been done on CES' dyno which is an old Bosch inertia dyno. No computer, just put the car on the rollers, accelerate and the pen plots your graph. Is Guni's car a prefacelift?? Cause the only Sportivo's I have ever seen make tha kind of power were before the ECU recall on the prefacelift's and Superdave's car which had a fault. The air diffuser in the airbox wasn't fitted properly and robbed him of quite a bit of power from memory. Most of the modifed sportivo's up here make between 110 and 125kw depending on mods. There is a huge variance between stocko's as we proved very quickly. Most stocko's run between say 107kw to as high as 115kw!! Azza's car stock as put out 112kw i think from memory on a warm day up here. Kolorhero's car is pretty much on the money for his mods with your colder climate than we have but for stocko's being low as they were does make the mind boggle a bit. Azza added a TRD CAI and CES catback and pushed 121kw on a warm spring day in shootout mode on Dyno dynamics dyno. I compared CES' dyno to a dyno dynamics dyno that i also get work done at and the difference was exactly 2kw higher on the dyno dynamics dyno.

Maybe next year at the National meet in Melbourne we can have a dyno day somewhere. Be pretty interesting me thinks!!

Yeah at the melbourne national meet next year I'll have most of the engine mods done then and that dyno day just for stivo's etc will really show what the variance is really at. Can't wait hehe.

Yeah true, Guni's is prefacelift so it may not have had the recalls done........like you said the difference between the dynos can mean a bit and then the difference between the settings on the dynos......melbournes meet will be the perfect time for us all to hop on the same dyno and really see the differences between vehicles and mods etc......see if we can find a freak stock one putting out high power...

cheers

Guni - Stock - 102KW

Kenji - TRD CAI - 110KW

Guni 102kw from a stock sportivo is rather low. Especially with the colder temps you gave down there too. Stock sportivo up here in Brisneyland is around 110kw. mmmmm pondering........

Isnt that really comparing apples with oranges though.....all different dyno setups etc....shootoutmode to normal dialled in ramp mode can be upto 10 % diff etc......where it was done wasnt in a shootout mode at all......only way would be all meet on the one dyno lol......got me buggered how some stock standard ones are putting out 110 + kw......when kolorheros with CES exhaust and CAI hits 117.....but then again the ones running 110+ stock.....what settings were the dyno at etc......as theres your 10 % difference etc......its hard to know or compare....really only a comparsion between the other stivos dynoed on same day etc which today was good for... stock V CAI V CAI and CES exhaust.

Both farely similar, on the night i did 105.8 ramp mode GF's brothes ute 198kw ramp mode....hit button to shootout mode gave him 218kw = 10% difference from press of button on dyno......easy to manipulate pieces of machinery.....basically show what you want.

One thing it does show though is how easily some bolt on mods can make to a sportivo.....add ported headers to kolorheroes and there is your 120kw no prob

cheers

Expressed perfectly my friend. Maybe I should white out the 0 between the 1 and 2 and put a 1 = 112KW atw just to make it look better here ;)

But that wasn't my objective that day. It was to get a baseline reading to work my way upwards for my mods and see how much are they making my car better or worse. Looking that my car was stock, it was also to see in flesh how much diff each mods make to stivos.

Trevor from CES in his email to me did say that stock Stivos range between 103 - 112 atw and looking that mine is 102, it wasn't far off. There is the question of diff dynos giving diff figures but that's another dicussion better reserved for another day.

Nice ..... None the less, i bought my car for myself and for my enjoyment and the fact that I dyno-ed 102 when i was looking for above 100, no biggie. Just sharing my experience and also my happiness that I bought myself not a bad piece of machinery.

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and comments and I appreciate yours SB.

99.6 kw.....

i am not dissappointed with that... besides.. as everyone is saying.. dyno runs are way too variable. its just a good benchmark for me to start at.... oil and CAI will make a huge difference.

Castrol Edge Sport for oil and no CAI for me.

But isn't yours cut and shut ??? :P

Guni - Stock - 102KW

Kenji - TRD CAI - 110KW

cheers

Aug 2003 model. Not sure if recall was done as there is no sticker anywhere. A call to toyota only said there is no recall left for this vehicle, please register your interest to receive all correspondance for future recalls.

Dang .....

Although, the air filler cap looks like it has done its recall but I can't be too sure.

99.6 kw.....

i am not dissappointed with that... besides.. as everyone is saying.. dyno runs are way too variable. its just a good benchmark for me to start at.... oil and CAI will make a huge difference.

Castrol Edge Sport for oil and no CAI for me.

But isn't yours cut and shut ??? :P

haha... come on man... its anything but

Another thing we all noted was what seemed like a lack of "Vtec yo" from the hondas.....the sportivos you really saw the incline on the dyno chart....the hondas didnt seem to show too much of a jump more linear.......please honda lovers dont flame me...lol...just what we noticed from the 4-5 vtec hondas on the day

Another thing we all noted was what seemed like a lack of "Vtec yo" from the hondas.....the sportivos you really saw the incline on the dyno chart....the hondas didnt seem to show too much of a jump more linear.......please honda lovers dont flame me...lol...just what we noticed from the 4-5 vtec hondas on the day

Yeah i've got to second this, all the civics, the 2 dc2's and the 2 dc5's all had linear graphs :(

oh and a qucik shout out to lucky a$$ blind kid seeks who won the pool (50 $ or more) for Guess the KW on one of the VCM suites workers cars....ended up being 236kw stock (exhaust only done) VE SS ........