Looking to buy a Kluger and could do with some info please

Chapps

;) Hi All,

The better half and I have been looking as purchase a second hand 2006-07 Kluger CVX, just to take the rug rats to school, shopping and such not so the off road.

For us it looks ideal for all manner of reasons that I won’t bother you with here.

Anyway after deciding to buy a second hand Kluger we googled using the words Kluger problems (seemed like a good thing to do at the time) and low and behold up pops a couple of sites complaining bitterly about Kluger/Highlanders that are hesitating then lurching due to a delay from the auto transmission at low speeds.

Today I found this site and spent a few hours looking through 7 pages of the most recent topics and I find there is nothing about this problem so I joined feeling that I needed to clear this up with the help of the forum to hopefully here some good news and the problem is not in the Aus cars, could some one please tell me if this hesitating then lurching is a problem in the Aus Kluger’s or not?

Honestly the forum reads like you couldn’t improve on the Kluger.

And thanks all in advance for any feed back.

Marc

Hi, my brother-in-law has the CVX and he hasnt reported any problems.

One thing with the first gen Klugers, the safety features improve as you go up in the models; CV, CVX and Grande.

The safety features on the new Kluger are the same across the board.

One thing you can do, is to try and find a CVX with the Safety Pack. My bro-in-law paid about another $2k for it, I think it added more air-bags and traction control (or mightve been vehicle swerve control)

My neighbour has the first gen model but new in mid 07 and has never/discussed a problem like that.

For that matter he has no problems with it full stop.

He just just loves his as much as I do with mine.

Both AWD's

Edit, chap at work has the first gen model too and just took it around tassie in May. He was over the moon with the experience, both with the kluger and with tassie.

Edited by fish475

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Chapps, seen this site for the 1st time, finally. We have a 2004 CVX, have an aquaintance who had a 2003 Grande, both vehicles have/had the same issue. It is an inherent Toyota thing. Be gentle on the throttle when taking off and the delay lurch won't happen. The gearbox, in effect is going back to 1st gear from where it was before slowing down. Other than that the car for your purpose is very suitable, and it can go off road. Ours has been to McIntyre's Hut, once, ground clearance and cleaning after is a problem. Good Luck. BBDTOYO.

;) Hi All,

The better half and I have been looking as purchase a second hand 2006-07 Kluger CVX, just to take the rug rats to school, shopping and such not so the off road.

For us it looks ideal for all manner of reasons that I won’t bother you with here.

Anyway after deciding to buy a second hand Kluger we googled using the words Kluger problems (seemed like a good thing to do at the time) and low and behold up pops a couple of sites complaining bitterly about Kluger/Highlanders that are hesitating then lurching due to a delay from the auto transmission at low speeds.

Today I found this site and spent a few hours looking through 7 pages of the most recent topics and I find there is nothing about this problem so I joined feeling that I needed to clear this up with the help of the forum to hopefully here some good news and the problem is not in the Aus cars, could some one please tell me if this hesitating then lurching is a problem in the Aus Kluger’s or not?

Honestly the forum reads like you couldn’t improve on the Kluger.

And thanks all in advance for any feed back.

Marc