Accident Repair Question

Hi Helpful People :D

I have a friend who's car was hit and is now undrivable (fooked drive shaft).

The car is sitting at a friends place and he's not sure on how to go about obtaining quotes to repair the damage with the car being undrivable.

Is his only option to have a tow truck take the car from panel shop to panel shop which I imagine would be rather expensive!

when a car goes into an insurance company's assessment center they take photos of the damage and panel shops then look at the photos and submit quotes on the damage so i do belive they would be able to quote on the repairs provided your mate takes propper photos so the panel shops he sends them to can get a full idea on what repairs are needed.

does your mate not have insurance or something?

what kinda car is it?

when a car goes into an insurance company's assessment center they take photos of the damage and panel shops then look at the photos and submit quotes on the damage so i do belive they would be able to quote on the repairs provided your mate takes propper photos so the panel shops he sends them to can get a full idea on what repairs are needed.

does your mate not have insurance or something?

what kinda car is it?

It's a Civic sedan, hit side on on the drivers side guard. Airbags went off too.