Oppppss! Head Unit Question

Tool3y

Hey all as ive mentioned in some other posts i recently put in a JVC KD-G646 head unit in my 01 Ascent Seca to replace the stock head unit. This has been great as the previous stock unit couldn't play mp3's or usbs for that matter but one thing ive noticed that now the head unit's back light is on bright without the lights on and on daylight mode when i have my lights on. The back light is ok at night dimmed when i have my lights on but it's sort of a nuisance so does anyone have any ideas where Ive crossed my wires or done something else n00bish?

if you don't mind me sneaking in another question here either ill just ninja it in :ph34r:

with this new head unit, 5500watt amp (don't ask :s) and 1000watt sub i have to have my car running otherwise the battery goes flat in around 45secs i was wondering if there is a way i can build a switch in easily whereas i can switch the amps power supply off when the head units on (using remote lead atm to control when it's on etc). This way i can have the sub + amp off and be able to listen to the wireless while say watching a game off football on the sidelines? :help:

any help would be much appreciated :D

just put a switch into the remote wire for on and off of amp and look at how the dimmer wire is connected and where it is connected to, if your head unit has one (my guess is its wrong!) or the head unit is faulty (not as likely)

Hmmmm where would the best place to put the switch be? Would it be allright to have it right near the amp?

um it's connected to the dimmer wire, the same one that was hooked into the stock HU =) Double checked before that the wire only receives current when the lights are on so this mystify s me? theres no where else for it to be connected either and it's the same from the stock etc :S

the switch can go where ever it is easy to get to!

strange about the dimmer, sounds like it is wired incorrectly inside the unit? it needs a wire that doesnt have power when the lights are on and, power when they arent! But i cant think of a wire that does that sorry!

sounds good :) sort of wish i didnt hide my cables so well now <_<

hmmm yeah i cant figure it out either :S hmmm i can live with it tbh :) not really worth opening up the HU to fiddle with it :) (not until the warranty is gone at least xD)

thanks for your help :)