Parking Sensors

Hi Everyone, my wife and I are picking up a new Corolla ascent hatch next week want to get reverse parking sensors installed. As a result, I was just wondering what is the best option for both performance and looks.

The factory option looks fine (Parkassist) installed at a toyota dealer however other options like the Mongoose MRS4 system using a licenced installer also look good. Both seem to run for around the same price, although I haven't really looked ito the cheapest options and price is not the primary concern.

P.S. Any better options ?, I don't want to do it myself as I do not wan't to wear the pain if it does not look absolutely perfect.

Thanks, Robert

Welcome and congrats on your purchase :D :D i have rear parking sensors on my sedan . I had them fitted by the dealer and choose the 4 sensor instead of two. I choose the dealer as the idea of factory warranty of three years appealed to me.. The thing with the sensors is to watch that polish doesnt get into the grooves. :D :D

I had the toyota genuine parking sensor fitted to the RAV4. One of the dealers I visited was trying to sell us an aftermarket one which came with a LCD screen mounted inside the car to give a visual display (bar graphs). It also came with 3-year warranty like the geniune. Eventually bought the car from a different dealer and had the toyota one fitted.

Works well most of the time. However, we've noticed that when the car is driven in the wet, the sensor will beep continuously (as with you are about to hit something) when put in reverse. This is probably due to water/dirt building up on the sensor. Returned to normal function once you've given the sensors a wipe.

I've also found that sensors can randomly beep at times and found that happens when the sensors are squeezed into holes that are too small...

Pull the sensors out, give them a good clean and also file the holes out a touch more...

Works everytime :) :) :) ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi How are you. I wondered what you thought of your new Corolla as I am looking at getting either the Ascent Seca 2006 122R or the 2007 152R IN Auto. Do you like the car and have you always had Toyota? Thanks

Rob