Current Oil Specials

Super Cheap Latest Catalogue contains 1 Day Sale Sunday 28th August 2016 for

Castrol Edge Full Synthetic Engine Oil 5 Litre 5W-40 $29.99 [Limit 2 per Customer]

Just in case you missed seeing this in the catalogue.

• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...

AutoBarn Christmas catalogue valid to 10/12/2017 has Castrol GTX $12 each [limit of 2] and Penrite Additives 25% off.

Just what I am after as I am planning upon doing an engine flush this month.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

AutoBarn Christmas catalogue valid to 22/12/2017 has Mobil Super 1000 15W40 5litre $10 each [limit of 2]

According to Mobil website this is a premium mineral based oil with SN cpecification. Looks like I am doing another trip to AutoBarn.

On 17/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

Supercheap are doing 40% off oils at the moment too.

SuperCheap now also doing for Xmas, an extra 20% off for an online spend $100 or more.

Highly tempted to get 2 of the following but already got 2-3 years supply.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Penrite-HPR-Diesel-5-Engine-Oil-5W-40-10-Litre/123724?utm_source=shop_search&utm_medium=search_results&utm_campaign=g_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4LaX4ruX2AIVzTUrCh2M-AZ2EAYYASABEgKOCvD_BwE

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Penrite-HPR-Diesel-10-Engine-Oil-10W-40-10-Litre/348770?menuFrom=1021653

• 1 year later...

This Autobarn Boxing Day special is just too tempting. Starts online Xmas Day. NULON ENGINE OIL Full Synthetic LONGLIFE 5W30 5L $19.99 [Limit of 2 per customer]

https://mailchi.mp/f789ff44ec98/autobarns-boxing-day-sale-starts-online-on-christmas-day?e=7257364d75

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This full synthetic Nulon engine oil 0W-16 is a Clearance sale item at SuperCheap. Not recommended for my Aurion but it should be ok mixed or as a top up with other engine oil. Just bought 2 this morning which was all of their floor stock at that store. If I want more, I will have to drive further afield.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/nulon-nulon-hybrid-and-fuel-conserving-engine-oil---0w-16-5-litre/540632.html?cgid=SCA01070403#pmin=20.00&pmax=50.00&sz=60&start=17

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

almost like sewing machine oil

Good idea. I have been thinking about how I was going to use it. Internet searches have been saying ok to mix with the same brand of oil i.e. Nulon.

16 hours ago, campbeam said:

Good idea. I have been thinking about how I was going to use it. Internet searches have been saying ok to mix with the same brand of oil i.e. Nulon.

Probably a good oil to use when doing the engine flush ??

I'd drive it softly too.

4 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

good oil to use when doing the engine flush

I use diesel when doing the engine flush.

I did go to AutoBarn on Sunday and got their special of $9.99 for Castrol 20W-50 [limit of 2 per customer]

Now that oil I could use as a flushing oil or in the 4 stroke mower. Will add that to the list of things to do at home this Easter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did not know about this Valvoline promotion until posted in another thread on this Forum.

1 hour ago, AurionX2 said:

For Synpower I've been using valvolinepromotions site, where you upload the proof of purchase and they send you a $20 EFTPOS card you can use anywhere. That's how I ended up buying Valvoline Synpower 5w30 and 5w40 for under $18 per bottle!

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Here's a ripper deal on Penrite 5W-30 at SCA peoples.. Perfect for the Aurion guys !!

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/penrite-penrite-full-synthetic-engine-oil---5w-30-6-litre/348768.html

At the entrance of one of my local SuperCheap Stores, they had a stand for this Castrol oil at an Introductory price $28.99

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/castrol-castrol-magnatec-engine-oil---5w-40-5-litre/591784.html?cgid=SCA010704#prefn1=srgBrand&prefv1=Castrol&srule=Price+Ascending&start=21&sz=60

Only reason, I will not be buying either of these specials is because I already have a few years supply.

Apart from price, I mainly look at the oil specification with a preference for the ILSAC GF-5.

Have fun deciding which of these specials is going to best suit your vehicle.

• Thanks 1

I ended up buying 4 of those 6lt Penrites. I love the idea of the added zinc for extra protection and it's Australian made too.

I'll keep using the Nulon I have left and may consider switching to the Penrite and see..

• 2 weeks later...

This is the latest oil special from Super Cheap Auto. A 7 Day deal ending 3rd May. 50% discount and limit of 2 per customer

Castrol EDGE Engine Oil - 5W-30, A3/B4, 5 Litre $35.89

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/castrol-castrol-edge-engine-oil---5w-30-a3-b4-5-litre/299206.html?j=4419726&sfmc_sub=25368615&sub=205970513_SCA01_CRP&l=333_HTML&u=90490595&mid=6010680&jb=254&utm_source=email-subscriber&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sca-au-2020-wk44-7dd

Edited by campbeam
add price details

• 4 weeks later...

Yep indeedy. I purchased 2 x 5w-40 6 litre Castrol Edge for my M3 immediately. Practically half price ! It's not that often they put the 6 Litre on special too. Always the 5 which means you still get gouged for the 1 litre because you need the additional 500ml.. Aarrrgghh !

***Update. I purchased the wrong grade and had to amend my order so it's now 0W-40 as It should be.Next time I'll put my thinking cap on lol...

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

get gouged for the 1 litre

Precisely why I have never bought 1 litre containers of engine oil etc.

Good to see Castrol is available in 6 litre and the price difference to 5 litre is only a few dollars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SuperCheap Auto are having a 1 day sale Saturday 06.06.2020 with 40% discount on all 10 litre engine oils.

e.g. Penrite Enviro+ Engine Oil 5W-40 10 Litre now $74 reduced from $125