Current Oil Specials

On 11/27/2020 at 8:45 PM, campbeam said:

I clicked on that link yesterday and it was $19.99. Just this very moment, I thought to click and take another look and you won't believe it, they've jacked it back up to $89.99. :shocking:

Too late if you're thinking to go this morning. Black Friday it seems, turns into Bloody Sunday.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

That's bizarre. I swear on my life it was $89.99. They must have changed it back. I wished I screenshot it.

I blame the MARTIANS for click issues on links, they are the ones who gave us the black Friday sale in the first place 😀😀😀😀

KAA

• 2 weeks later...

i'm suspecting the oil glut is still continuing hence the many specials on in recent times. Petrol prices are fluctuating wildly though. I've seen petrol prices go from ~$1.55 down to ~$0.99 in a matter of weeks. Go figure. They've taken this weekly cycle scam to a new limit. What was that saying ? Give an inch, take a mile ? ..

Anyway, I'm already bursting at the seams with oil, so I might wait till I get through a couple before restocking.

Last month I spent $46 in fuel = $10.58pcw !

Maybe this has something to do with it  . . . .

https://www.goauto.com.au/news/general-news/regulation/japan-aims-to-end-ice-sales/2020-12-06/84197.html

Looks like Japan is pushing for Hydrogen = greenest tech. The end is nigh 😐

Edited by ZZT86

5 minutes ago, ZZT86 said:

Looks like Japan is pushing for Hydrogen = greenest tech. The end is nigh 😐

Don't despair my friend. Big oil will see that it's kept on the shelf for a while yet. They'll let them play in the playground for now, but that's as far as it will go I reckon. The Fat Cats are still busy getting fat.

Yeah but what will happen to oil & fuel prices ? I always thought this Aurion would be my last ICE vehicle, sad really.

Edited by ZZT86

They're merely tinkering at the edges. It will be a long time before petrol is dead. Hybrids are too expensive as are electric while Hydrogen is virtually non existent, so I wouldn't worry so much mate. It will probably take another 50 years before we see electric cars in mainstream life and petrol cars will be assigned to Museums. Petrol will still be around but will probably be $10/LT.

By this time we'll all be gone anyway lol..

The new Gens won't know any better.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way they flick a switch & suddenly the prices become inflated for sales :| Pre sale it's $63.99 & during it's $67.99. It's so disappointing I'll but nothing.

Sparesbox is much cheaper with filters at at least, SCA have suddenly priced themselves out. Must be the Corona tax, Crazy.

2 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

I love the way they flick a switch & suddenly the prices become inflated for sales 😐 Pre sale it's $63.99 & during it's $67.99. It's so disappointing I'll but nothing.

Sparesbox is much cheaper with filters at at least, SCA have suddenly priced themselves out. Must be the Corona tax, Crazy.

I have learnt to include prices in my posts for future reference purposes.

Just looked at Super Cheap Auto website. Extra 5% off Today Only for Club Members.

7 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

I love the way they flick a switch & suddenly the prices become inflated for sales 😐 Pre sale it's $63.99 & during it's $67.99. It's so disappointing I'll but nothing.

Unfortunately I didn't bother to check pre sale prices but that is a kick in the guts when they sneakily jack up the prices THEN apply the discount. Seems to be the standard these days. It would be good to send them an email and ask for an explanation. Preferably when composing the email one can include screenshots for proof. It's good to shame companies every now and then to keep the bastards honest..

On 12/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, campbeam said:

I have learnt to include prices in my posts for future reference purposes.

Just looked at Super Cheap Auto website. Extra 5% off Today Only for Club Members.

Nothing to make me raise my eyebrows. I got myself a 1lt of Nulon 5W-30 to accompany the odd ball 5lt to make it a 6lt. Don't need more oil but for $52 for the Nulon, It's not good value compared to my previous purchases at $38. So that's disappointing. 

Also the SCA  tyre shine is usually $10.99 on sale at $7. This time around they jacked it up to $17.99 down to $12.99 !! Big deal. That's pretty sneaky of them.

Some detailing stuff was cheaper than normal but still not enough to get me excited. 

Some stuff is advertised and on sale but no stock. Go figure..

Screenshot_20201224-175145_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201224-173438_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy

• 1 month later...

AutoBarn has the Nulon Full Synthetic Long Life Engine Oil 5W-30 5 Litre [not 6 Litre as originally posted] for $24.99 [Limit of 2] on sale from Monday 25th Jan. 60% discount is wothwhile considering.

Edited by campbeam
Misread 5 as 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

AutoBarn has the Nulon Full Synthetic Long Life Engine Oil 5W-30 6 Litre for $24.99 [Limit of 2] on sale from Monday 25th Jan. 60% discount is wothwhile considering.

You got me excited there for a minute. It's actually for the 5lt otherwise I would've purchased a few. You have to buy several to make it work as a 6lt and then there's always an amount that just sits around. Wished they put the 6LT on a decent sale rather than the 30% they're all doing now instead of the 50% they used to.

Super Cheap are getting "cheap". 

My mistake. Just as well your eyesight is better than mine. This sale item is at AutoBarn. Still worthwhile considering/buying at $5 per litre.

Currently SuperCheap has 30% off. Repco has 25% off if you spend $100 plus.

With more wishing and hoping, there may be some Australia Day specials appearing in the email inbox.

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

My mistake. Just as well your eyesight is better than mine.

Haha, I wish. I made that same mistake a while back and that was with my glasses on  :laugh:

$5 per litre is good value nonetheless. Just having the odd number throws it out. You have to make 6 lt each time so you will need to keep multiplying the 5's to get close to the 6 x multiplier. 

Edited by Tony Prodigy

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gents,

Supercheap Auto is having a 50% off Nulon 6LT 5w-30 finally ! The 6Lt is cheaper to buy than the 5LT lol.

I dropped in and grabbed four more on the way home this afternoon. :laugh:

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/nulon-nulon-full-synthetic-long-life-engine-oil-5w-30-6-litre/343508.html

It's a 7 day deal and there are other discounts to be had also.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/7-day-deals?j=4711815&sfmc_sub=822401467&sub=206595815_SCA01_CRP&l=333_HTML&u=99105915&mid=6010680&jb=19012&utm_source=email-subscriber&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=au-sca-2021-wk34-7dd%2bPC%2bdemo

Here's my current stock.. I mean Stash.. :biggrin:

20210218_160201.jpg

20210218_160450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Repco catalogue has Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 5Litre for $22 [1/2 Price].

Because their website is currently unavailable, there was this notice " Here's a 10% off* coupon, use 10OFF at checkout, expires in 24 hours. " Expect that that will only apply for online orders today, Thursday 4th March 2021. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...