Gearshift - Where To Buy?

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone knows where we can buy replacement Aurion gearshifters. The gearshifts on the Aurions are very easy to replace, just unscrew. But I haven't actually found a place that sells replacement gearshifts. The default grey one is boring (unless you have the Presara). Even my TRD Aurion only has the grey one.

Specifically, I have been trying to hunt for the red TRD gearshift. I know it exists, because if have a look at this Youtube video, it's clearly seen at 1:03.

I have been hunting high and low for this. Any clues?

i believe the 3500SL comes with a TRD embossed gearshift lever

in Plum

toyota-trd-aurion-australia-2007-16.jpg

i have seen photos of the RED TRD gearknob on early models in photoshoots etc but they must of opted against it

i imagine it'll be quite hard to find

Edited by Pumped

Ok, I did more poking around and found that the Aurion's gearshift is manufactured by a company called MtM Pty Ltd, as mentioned here: http://benzs.blogspot.com/2008/01/toyota-t...epth-au_67.html. They are a company based in Victoria, and you can find their website at http://www.mtmauto.com/

I'll try to see if I can befriend anyone on the inside/social engineering to see if I can get my hands on that rare red gearshift. Also, I'll call Toyota parts department to see if they can sell me one. Will anyone else be interested to get a new gearshift for their Aurion?

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Should be easy enough to DIY...just take the leather off the current knob (or spare) and trace it, cut it out & get out the Textbooks from highschool that showed you how to stitch or sew (or get Nanna) the just spray adhesive & fit.

EDIT: Not as easy as first thought, need to have a play with it to get the chrome piece off. and to fit it back on once its all stitched up you may need to cut a small slit on the side that faces the front & glue that down once its pulled over the knob. Will look again tonight.

Edited by apg39