air injection pump

seems with age the air injection pump packs in and cost around $1000 your money to buy. even though i've got a custom manifold to fit with the piping for the pump i'm wanting to remove it from the car so its not an expense waiting to sting me. does anyone know how to remove it without illuminating the CEL?

Aus spec cars don't have an air pump. Best way would be to get a set of Aus spec headers to replace your ones as they have a small wing on the top of the head flange to block off the air pump pipe holes aove each port. You have 2 O2 sensors??

Aus spec cars don't have an air pump. Best way would be to get a set of Aus spec headers to replace your ones as they have a small wing on the top of the head flange to block off the air pump pipe holes aove each port. You have 2 O2 sensors??

ye - 2 lambda's. wonder why thet stuck them on ours, suppose to be for emmissions but a pump blowing air into the manifold for 10 secs on start up dont seem worth it.

i have no problem blocking the holes off but if i just remove the pump i will get the engine check light..............

i have no problem blocking the holes off but if i just remove the pump i will get the engine check light..............

The US Celica fellas reckon there is no CEL if you remove everything to do with the air injection.

interesting - a member over here had problems when the pump failed it throws on the CEL. i asked him about removal but he was sure this would illuminate the CEL. i need to find out if all are 2zz's over here came with this pump?