Engine Conversion

Dodge

I just put a holden VN V6 in my tarago i have a conversion kit but i keep losing my clutch, which makes it hard to drive when you can’t use the gears propel so can anyone help me? and tell my why this keeps happing

Edited by Dodge

I just put a holden VN V6 in my tarago i have a conversion kit but i keep losing my clutch, which makes it hard to drive when you can’t use the gears propel so can anyone help me? and tell my why this keeps happing

i was thinking of doing the same conversion

any photos please

and any info whould be great

i,m in perth

• Like 1

what do u mean losing your clutch do u mean as though its losing hydraulic pressure or is it slipping and burning it out

• 1 month later...

hay sorry for not replying iv been away for a while first and for most I fixed the problem it was the slave cylinder it just won’t sit right I got my conversion kit from Castlemaine rod shop here in Vic but since I dough that you’re willing to travel that far it’s the same kit for a hilux everything’s pretty much the same and to do the conversion was a lot of work and cost a bit but it was worth it in the end P.S to stop it revving at 4000rmp's it I had to changed my diff to a craceda id show you an image but i cant work the dam thing

• 8 months later...

tarago manual gearbox's are renowned for being a little dodgy around the 180,000km mark mine had have it rebuilt at 200,000.