Window Tint Question

kinezz

hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any new corolla hatch owners who have gotta their windows tinted. I was wondering in particular if they tint the little window thats on the side of the front doors.

Thanks

thanks for the help. Did they charge extra to get those 2 small windows tinted? I'm asking all this because i just purchased a new levin zr which doesn't come for another 2 months supposely.

That's right mate you might have to wait that long, I've been waiting 3months already.

Vinh

thanks for the help. Did they charge extra to get those 2 small windows tinted? I'm asking all this because i just purchased a new levin zr which doesn't come for another 2 months supposely.

That's right mate you might have to wait that long, I've been waiting 3months already.

Vinh

Actually now i have to wait 3 months for it, toyota called and said it'll take longer. Hey Vinh I think i remember seeing your username on Whirlpool on the corolla thread. Your getting a moonroof and 17' Kappa wheels right?

Vinh

Actually now i have to wait 3 months for it, toyota called and said it'll take longer. Hey Vinh I think i remember seeing your username on Whirlpool on the corolla thread. Your getting a moonroof and 17' Kappa wheels right?

Yeah that's right mate, its an agonizing wait but not long to go.

Vinh

My dad is a window tinter

he doesnt recomend that people that have never tinted windows before, do it themselves. you will just have to get it redone again.

Its so tricky to do. He tought me how to do it, and it took me soooo many goes to get it perfect, once the glue sets, there is no moving in that film! you have to rip it off and start all over again.

if you are getting your car done, i suggest that you get it all done, looks so much better!:)

Hey kewl

whats ya dads name

i have been tinting 4 about 14 years

I know a lot of tinters

bob

My dad is a window tinter

he doesnt recomend that people that have never tinted windows before, do it themselves. you will just have to get it redone again.

Its so tricky to do. He tought me how to do it, and it took me soooo many goes to get it perfect, once the glue sets, there is no moving in that film! you have to rip it off and start all over again.

if you are getting your car done, i suggest that you get it all done, looks so much better!:)

i have been tinting for a few years aswell.

i strongly reccomend not trying to do it yourself.

took me a year to finally get it all right on most cars.

depending on your location i might be able to help you out., like pointing you in the right direction with your tint.

oh an a big no-no is getting the tinting done when buying the car.

we charge the car yard 220 for a lightish/crap film, they charge the customer 400+ for it.

if the customer brought the car to us we could have a better film (darkest legal ect) put on for alot less that 400.

i work for quite a well known tinting place that does alot of well known car yards around the innerwest.

My dads name is Mikel

used to work at pro tint that was at Auburn then they moved to Blacktown.

He doesnt work there anymore, Just got over working in the heat and stuff.

Its great to have him have the skill, can get any windows tinted for free now!hahaha, i sometimes try to do some tinting with him, but its soo tricky! take my hat off to anyone that has mastered it without getting tiny particles of dirt on the film!