Toyota Default CD Player

namz

Guys,

I have Camry Ateva 2005 with a default toyota CD\Radio player but everytime i run CDs its skips or gives error messages.

I was wondering whats the safest way to clean CD Player's lens ? anything specific thats good or recommended?

Hey i had the Stock Double din headunit before had the same problem, Cd's would run sometimes, Sometimes take 2 - 3 minutes to load, Tried using a lens cleaner but it didn't help, changed cd's burnt them at lower speeds, still didn't work. So i just bought a new headunit. however never had this problem with originals.

• 1 month later...
Guys,

I have Camry Ateva 2005 with a default toyota CD\Radio player but everytime i run CDs its skips or gives error messages.

I was wondering whats the safest way to clean CD Player's lens ? anything specific thats good or recommended?

You can use a lens cleaner kit , which either has a small brush or a hole in the surface of the cd,(the brush is on the underside of cd) ,the brush type cleaners have a slight risk of scratching the lens as a result of close contact with the lens nevertheless you should not be worried about using that (little percentage of occurance).A second moderately risky method would be to buy a can of compressed air with a nozzle and spray it into the middle(location of lens)/where ever it doesnt jam) of the cd slot , that way the air would move all that dust/dirt that prevents the lens from reading cd's,it is moderately risky by that you could jam the cd loader with the airguide from the can,best done when the car is off.

• 5 months later...

hey. ye same problem here 03 corolla, error code 1. comes up means un clean disk even if the disk is clean. always happens when i put a disk in have to wait a few minutes or so. any sollution??