K Mac suspension

juvenile

Iam prob showing my age now but in the 80's and 90's Kmac were very popular and now you dont here much.They would advertise in all performance magazines back then and Kmac kits were the things to have.Now they seem to be bigger in the states.. Ive had their springs over the years and have been pretty good.. Has anybody used Kmac products lately? Thanks

I spoke to them about a kit for my ZRE Corolla, but decided against it they were offering installation of a rear sway bar (including mods to make it fit) as well the usual suspension.

I used them on my 95 Falcon in about 97 and I was very very impressed with the ride quality and handling.

I was always led to believe that K-Mac was more for the larger cars (Commodore / Falcon)

What made you say no? I had their springs in my GTi and then had them reset lower and they never sagged and also reset my Kings once, still comfy ride.. Might go see him tomorrow about resetting these. What was the price for the kit installed?

What made you say no? I had their springs in my GTi and then had them reset lower and they never sagged and also reset my Kings once, still comfy ride.. Might go see him tomorrow about resetting these. What was the price for the kit installed?

I'll have to dig out my notes for the full pricing. My reason for saying no was that at the time the price difference with TRD or TTE was not huge (I think K-Mac Springs were $560 installed and TRD and TTE were at the time, April 08, around $550 supply only and I already have a set of spring compressors) and as I may be selling the car in 2 years (at the end of it's lease due to high mileage - 40k in 6months so far) I thought I would get a better return on the TRD / TTE either sold with the car or separately.

How did you go with the guys at K-Mac when you spoke to them?

I'll have to dig out my notes for the full pricing. My reason for saying no was that at the time the price difference with TRD or TTE was not huge (I think K-Mac Springs were $560 installed and TRD and TTE were at the time, April 08, around $550 supply only and I already have a set of spring compressors) and as I may be selling the car in 2 years (at the end of it's lease due to high mileage - 40k in 6months so far) I thought I would get a better return on the TRD / TTE either sold with the car or separately.

Spring set from them is $350 supply only,40mm or any height you want really. Iwas looking at TRD and TTE as well but they are both 25mm and i wanted lower so went King lows 35mm but rear is too high as as most corollas sit. Iam going Sat to reset the rear another 10 - 15mm.Measure it first and decide cos i just want it to sit level.Also Lovells do 40mm front and 48mm rear but were too expensive from where i got the quote so i'll stick with what i know and have been good to me before. Id like lower but not practical and front bar has heaps of overhang and scrapes sometimes as it is.Plus i want a TTE lip :D

Spring set from them is $350 supply only,40mm or any height you want really. Iwas looking at TRD and TTE as well but they are both 25mm and i wanted lower so went King lows 35mm but rear is too high as as most corollas sit. Iam going Sat to reset the rear another 10 - 15mm.Measure it first and decide cos i just want it to sit level.Also Lovells do 40mm front and 48mm rear but were too expensive from where i got the quote so i'll stick with what i know and have been good to me before. Id like lower but not practical and front bar has heaps of overhang and scrapes sometimes as it is.Plus i want a TTE lip :D

Make sure you check your insurance NRMA (in NSW) said they would only cover 30mm lowering, though they were happy previously to cover my Falcon lowered by 50mm alround.

My preference is for the TRD lip over the TTE but I don't want to become Mr Plow, the Modellista lip (a factory option in Japan) to me looks like the best option, not too much plow but plenty of style

That name again is Mr Plow :lol: I think iam going TTE cos your right too about TRD it sticks out too far..As for Modellista i looked into that one(very nice) but you can only order from new in Japan. Modellista is fitted on the production line.. Everything else ive seen is a bit too jetspeed :blink: