Toyota can't align!

toyogun

What a pain. The rubber on the car window is not aligned. it should have been aligned slighty to the left!

WHy can't they get simple thing like this right? So now I have a hole and water can go into the inside of the door. However I did check there are holes underneath the door for an water to flow out, but still, I have a 4mm hole.

But some cars (like my Holden Astra and older Accord I have seen) just have the horizontal rubber overlap the vertical bar. so you have holes on both left and right. So I guess is normal then?

Should I be worried, Water going inside the door. No Problem?

Thanks,

See attached pictures.

post-11005-1227610572_thumb.jpg

post-11005-1227610611_thumb.jpg

Edited by toyogun

Nothing to worry about. Water always goes through the insides of the doors on all cars anyway. Thats why they have drain holes at the bottom. Anyway, the water that seeps in are just drops, not tricklets or gushes.. :clap:

What a pain. The rubber on the car window is not aligned. it should have been aligned slighty to the left!

WHy can't they get simple thing like this right? So now I have a hole and water can go into the inside of the door. However I did check there are holes underneath the door for an water to flow out, but still, I have a 4mm hole.

But some cars (like my Holden Astra and older Accord I have seen) just have the horizontal rubber overlap the vertical bar. so you have holes on both left and right. So I guess is normal then?

Should I be worried, Water going inside the door. No Problem?

Thanks,

See attached pictures.

Everything of importance inside the door is usually protected from any water in some way anyway - often just a sheet of clear plastic that divides inside and outside. Usually some form of metal protection on the inside metal too so that any seepage that does occur is drained and doesn't corrode away at the inside of the door.

Everything of importance inside the door is usually protected from any water in some way anyway - often just a sheet of clear plastic that divides inside and outside. Usually some form of metal protection on the inside metal too so that any seepage that does occur is drained and doesn't corrode away at the inside of the door.

Although you should always check that the drain holes aren't clogged with dirt or leaves, which leads to water building up in the door cavity, which leads to rust. This is why you see sooo many old cars with the bottom of the door rusted out.