2003 Corolla Sportivo Rear Speakers?

tiet

Hi i was looking up upgrading my rear speakers, i dont know much about speaker sizes but, i removed my trim and it looks like a 5" Speaker to me? can someone confirm these for me please?

and also has anyone gone with a larger size speaker for the rear? do you reckon i can fit a 6" Speaker in the rears?

tiet.

Hi i was looking up upgrading my rear speakers, i dont know much about speaker sizes but, i removed my trim and it looks like a 5" Speaker to me? can someone confirm these for me please?

and also has anyone gone with a larger size speaker for the rear? do you reckon i can fit a 6" Speaker in the rears?

tiet.

the rear are 5.25" from memory, you will have trouble taking them off.

these are like moulded onto the door pods, i wanted to keep the plastic door pods so i used a stanley knife to cut the speaker, chisel and hammer to knock out the actual speaker.

i have an old thread in this forum titled 'sound deadning doors

hope that helps

lol that thread was basically what you just told me :) thanks, yeah i figured i had to do that,

i was just wondering if i could go any bigger like 6" for the rears lol, ill probably just purchase 5.25" just to be safe, so i know the magnet wont hit the window

thanks for the help Andrew

lol that thread was basically what you just told me :) thanks, yeah i figured i had to do that,

i was just wondering if i could go any bigger like 6" for the rears lol, ill probably just purchase 5.25" just to be safe, so i know the magnet wont hit the window

yeah! all u need to do is remove the whole thing! i got 6' splits front and back! its possible!

just drill the pop-rivet's out! remove the speaker and pod, then place 6' speakers! but u have to drill holes to hold it in!

just one thing in mind, u have to be carefull of the speakers u buy, beacuse some speakers behind are big, and doesnt fit in the hole!

as in the metal frame at the back! [dont know if i made sense]

yeah! all u need to do is remove the whole thing! i got 6' splits front and back! its possible!

just drill the pop-rivet's out! remove the speaker and pod, then place 6' speakers! but u have to drill holes to hold it in!

just one thing in mind, u have to be carefull of the speakers u buy, beacuse some speakers behind are big, and doesnt fit in the hole!

as in the metal frame at the back! [dont know if i made sense]

you are talking about the magnet yeah? lol can i reuse the pod? and place the 6" speaker in that?

check my thread out

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...25&start=25

I put 6" MB Quart 2 way speakers in the rear doors, yes they are 5.25" factory ones. Like was said before, drill out the rivets which hold the black plastic bracket in place to the metal.

Make yourself a MDF spacer to fit your new 6 or 6.5" speaker, attatch it to the metalwork using some long Self tapping screws and make sure it is solid mount to the door, seal the gaps.

Also make sure the speaker you buy isnt 2 deep as it may hit the window. But most isnt a problem if you use the spacer.