what is a workmate?

sabre_c

Hi, I have just purchased a 2002 2x4 Hilux tray back.(5sp manual)

The paperwork says it is a "workmate" however, the workmates i have seen have a decal on the side stipulating such.

How do i know mine is a workmate if no decal? and what actually is the dif between a workmate and a normal model?

cheers- Sabre_c

• 2 months later...
Hi, I have just purchased a 2002 2x4 Hilux tray back.(5sp manual)

The paperwork says it is a "workmate" however, the workmates i have seen have a decal on the side stipulating such.

How do i know mine is a workmate if no decal? and what actually is the dif between a workmate and a normal model?

cheers- Sabre_c

Hi I have a 2005 Hilux that does not have the decal, but when I baught it they said it was a workmate. I think it comes down to the previous owner if they pulled the decal off. I am not sure though.

I've just taken delivery of my first Toyota, and my first ute, all in one. So I've been doing some research for various reasons, so I included in my search the "workmate".

The difference so far are;

The workmate's Ive seen and compared seem to be the povo pack bottom of the range, with vinyl bench seat and non-tacho dash.

A different model designation, RZN147 for the workmate, and RZN149 for the next model up, should tell you what you have.

The RZN149 has the Tacho dash and cloth split front seat.

There may be more, but these are the only differences I've found so far.

Hope this helps.

Yonnee.