New Power Steering for 2009 Corolla

Hello Fellow Toyota Owners,

My new 2009 Toyota Corolla that has less then 100 miles is steering from side to side. The Toyota Dealer says it's a common issue in them. But I am scared I might have an accident. It's like the Electronic steering has a ghost. It also happened when I was stop at one point. While driving it tries to steer right to left.

Has anyone else had this problem. I didn't see it in 3 others.

Thank you,

Hello Fellow Toyota Owners,

My new 2009 Toyota Corolla that has less then 100 miles is steering from side to side. The Toyota Dealer says it's a common issue in them. But I am scared I might have an accident. It's like the Electronic steering has a ghost. It also happened when I was stop at one point. While driving it tries to steer right to left.

Has anyone else had this problem. I didn't see it in 3 others.

Thank you,

didnt happen when i tested out a rental 2009 corolla about a month ago

take it back and dont accept excuses and see how it goes.

another alternative is test drive another one at a dealer to prove a point.

• 2 weeks later...
lol

hope no fireball yeah take it back to toyota :( seems like the 09 models has problems because wasnt that rental car the 09 model as well?

One blog relates it like this: (when a kid) The Steering is similar to: Turning your bike handlebars around 180 degrees. You can steer the bike but it will try to try to turn the bike steering around to back to normal.

lol

hope no fireball yeah take it back to toyota :( seems like the 09 models has problems because wasnt that rental car the 09 model as well?

One blog relates it like this: (when a kid) The Steering is similar to: Turning your bike handlebars around 180 degrees. You can steer the bike but it will try to try to turn the bike steering around to back to normal.

Caster/castor issue then? Self-centring problems are often related to incorrect wheel alignments.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

lol

I notice the problem the first time I got on the expressway. The show everything is within specs. I welcome anyone to report the problem since they are not helping me and they said it was a common issue. It cleared up after trading it in after only 500 miles.