Automatic gear problem

hello all.. (noobie here :P )

well.. firstly.. i'd like to tell u about my car.. it is an automatic AE112 and all it has is 2inch piping straight to the canon.. thats with no resonator.. and that sums it all up

well yeah, before i installed the system, the car was running fine on the high way. but now after i installed the exhaust, it goes fine up to 3rd gear, when it switches to 3rd, the revs just drops! every car just speeds straight pass me.. the only way to catch up is to put the pedal to the metal before it reaches 3rd.

Can someone plz give me advice on wat to do?

thank you in advance

On the Automatic models the engine revs should sit at 2000rpm when cruising at 100km/h in overdrive (4th).

The car should be able to maintain and increase speed from these Revs with no problem.

Sounds like the Exhaust you've chosen is too free flowing and isn't giving the engine the minimum amount of back pressure it needs. Therefore, your engine is lacking the torque needed to maintain speed in overdrive.

You would have to put in a resonator between your Catalytic Converter and the rear muffler to increase your back pressure. Speak to the people who put the system in and ask their opinion.

Good Luck.

On the Automatic models the engine revs should sit at 2000rpm when cruising at 100km/h in overdrive (4th).

The car should be able to maintain and increase speed from these Revs with no problem. 

Sounds like the Exhaust you've chosen is too free flowing and isn't giving the engine the minimum amount of back pressure it needs.  Therefore, your engine is lacking the torque needed to maintain speed in overdrive.

You would have to put in a resonator between your Catalytic Converter and the rear muffler to increase your back pressure.  Speak to the people who put the system in and ask their opinion.

Good Luck.

Spot on. Highlighted in Black.