CES CAI

Hey guys,

Recently bought a CAI from a fellow member (thanks Nate). It's been put into the car but there are two small lines from the engine that don't seem to connect to anything now. Anyone know what they're for? Does anyone know what I'm talking about or would photos help? Also, I found that it didn't line up and so it's just sitting there unbolted but it's a pretty tight fit and doesn't seem to be moving. I've noticed some rattling since putting it in. Any thoughts?

On another note, I parked my car at the train station the week and came back to find someone had dinged it. Any suggestions where I can take my car to get it patched up? My excess is $1450 and I'm pretty sure it won't cost that much to fix it but then again I could be wrong. Damage is on the driver side fender and a bit on the front bar. Its mostly superficial but there is also some minor body damage.

Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. I'm located in Brisbane

Hi Mr Fancy,

If you look under the other side of the MAF area, there are 2 small cylinders that stick out. This is where you plug the 2 small lines on. This will just block them off, but that's normal for this intake, so don't worry.

Cheers, Gav.

You need to make sure you have installed it correctly as it should easily fit onto the mounts in the right places. Having it float around unsupported isn't a good idea.

I was thinking that the reason it didn't fit properly was because it came from a pre-facelift?

you do need to modify the back edge of the hole behind the headlight on a facelift. the lip needs to be bent downwards to allow for pipe clearance. the headlight on the facelift has a lot larger back on it and sticks out further. the back edge of the hole behind the headlight has to be bent down in order for the pipe to clear the headlight.