Toyoace PK41 truck

rt26tiara

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 1960's PK41 Toyota Toyoace truck. This is an unusual model number as the first letter in the model series usualy indicates the type of engine fitted to your Toyota. For whatever reason, even though this truck originaly had a 2R engine fitted, the first letter in the model number is a "P" (may have been to avoid confusion with the RK40 series Stout that was produced at the same time). Early models of this truck in Japan had "P" & "2P" engines fitted and were PK30 series. I am seeking any info, manuals, brochures, parts or help I can get for what must be a rare truck now days. If there are any other owners out there I would love to hear from you.

email johnnyrhino@msn.com

John

post-9105-1237845958_thumb.jpg

post-9105-1237845973_thumb.jpg

post-9105-1237845987_thumb.jpg

Mate that is Sensational! You sure have your work cut out for you finding parts and doing a resto thought I would imagine. I have never seen or heard of that truck before. Hopefully someone on this forum or another forum somewhere can help you. If these trucks were ever exported to USA then it would be worth trying the guys over at TORC which is more of a restorer's forum for us Yota heads.

Good luck and of course keep us posted on this beauty. Would love to see some interior/dash shots if you get a chance some time.

Mate that is Sensational! You sure have your work cut out for you finding parts and doing a resto thought I would imagine. I have never seen or heard of that truck before. Hopefully someone on this forum or another forum somewhere can help you. If these trucks were ever exported to USA then it would be worth trying the guys over at TORC which is more of a restorer's forum for us Yota heads.

Good luck and of course keep us posted on this beauty. Would love to see some interior/dash shots if you get a chance some time.

I won't know how much work is in it till I get it home and have a good look over it. The upside is that they are so simple that it won't be hard to fabricate the missing panels and front bar (May even make a mean looking bullbar to fill in this whole area). The other thing is that there is no upholstery except for the seat. It dosn't look bad for rust so I'm hoping it won't take alot to get it back on the road and then I can do a more complete resto down the track. Here's a shot of the interior.

John

post-9105-1237888223_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 1960's PK41 Toyota Toyoace truck. This is an unusual model number as the first letter in the model series usualy indicates the type of engine fitted to your Toyota. For whatever reason, even though this truck originaly had a 2R engine fitted, the first letter in the model number is a "P" (may have been to avoid confusion with the RK40 series Stout that was produced at the same time). Early models of this truck in Japan had "P" & "2P" engines fitted and were PK30 series. I am seeking any info, manuals, brochures, parts or help I can get for what must be a rare truck now days. If there are any other owners out there I would love to hear from you.

John

Yep! thats going to keep you busy for a while.I have seen one or two of these before, but that was some time back.

Would this one be in the Toowoomba area by any chance? Try this link for engine/gearbox and Toyota model codes http://members.iinet.net.au/~stepho/engcodes.htm

Steve

Hi,

John

Yep! thats going to keep you busy for a while.I have seen one or two of these before, but that was some time back.

Would this one be in the Toowoomba area by any chance? Try this link for engine/gearbox and Toyota model codes http://members.iinet.net.au/~stepho/engcodes.htm

Steve

I'm probably going to let the truck sit for a while til I finish my Tiara Wagon. If it looks like too much work to take on with the other car on the go I may try and flog it off. No it's not from Toowoomba but that's where its new home is going to be, so if you know of one in Toowoomba I'd be keen to hear about it. I am picking this one up from the Gympie area.

John

• 5 years later...

hello i have recently bought a 1963 toyota toyoace in the swanhill region. i have been searching all over the internet for info on this little truck but have found it must be pretty rare, i ened up paying $2000 for it, mechanicly it is pretty good, it had not started in 2 years but a drop of fuel in the carby changed that pretty quick. all the electronics work on it and are all fully original apart from new head lights, one small rip in the drivers seat and did not come with a tray. the drivers side window was made of perspecs but was dead flat so i simply got one made up, the cab has been gutted and sand blasted and is now in a pannel shop being worked on. the bottom half is having small touch ups like a carby rebuild spark plugs and possibly gaskets and all the other bits and pieces. looking at just over 3 months before i throw it in a show and shine

hello i have recently bought a 1963 toyota toyoace in the swanhill region. i have been searching all over the internet for info on this little truck but have found it must be pretty rare, i ened up paying $2000 for it, mechanicly it is pretty good, it had not started in 2 years but a drop of fuel in the carby changed that pretty quick. all the electronics work on it and are all fully original apart from new head lights, one small rip in the drivers seat and did not come with a tray. the drivers side window was made of perspecs but was dead flat so i simply got one made up, the cab has been gutted and sand blasted and is now in a pannel shop being worked on. the bottom half is having small touch ups like a carby rebuild spark plugs and possibly gaskets and all the other bits and pieces. looking at just over 3 months before i throw it in a show and shine

post-35413-0-82462700-1398775077_thumb.j

post-35413-0-48005900-1398775112_thumb.j

post-35413-0-91398700-1398775142_thumb.j

post-35413-0-09146900-1398775181_thumb.j

post-35413-0-52858200-1398775209_thumb.j

post-35413-0-19452200-1398775238_thumb.j

post-35413-0-74213900-1398775267_thumb.j