99 Camry - "Big 3" Electrical Upgrade

moh.vze.com

G'day mate! I"m from the States ;)

I am thinking about upgrading my Electrical System to 0 Gauge wires.

For those of you who don't know what the Big 3 is...

How to do the Big III

The Big III is a simple electrical upgrade for any vehicle to improve a better electrical charge from the alternator to the battery. Your stock electrical system consists of 3, or more, wires hence the term “Big III”. These are the main wires for your electrical charging system. The actual “upgrade” is we are adding a thicker gauge wire to the system.

*Notice I said add and not replace, reason behind this is the current will automatically take the path of least resistance, easier to do. You are more than welcome to replace all wires but be sure you do it properly otherwise you could harm the ECU.

The 3 wires are:

- Positive from battery to positive from alternator

- Negative from battery to ground

- Engine block to ground

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

Hopefully there are some people on here with my type of car that knows what it is.

For those of you who have done this with my type of car, where did you ground? Was there a specific existing place that you grounded to so that you didn't have to drill any holes? Also, where on the engine block did you connect your wire?

G,day mate, welcome to the Aussie forums :) Did Adam send you over here? Lol

I've seen this done on a couple of cars... didn't bother with my own, coz I don't have an issue :P

Alternator, Engine and Chassis... sounds good.

I ended up running an EXTRA earth cable to my chassis for my sound system. I replaced with Stinger Pos and Neg terminals and Distribution blocks. The extra Earth I ran went to a hole I found on the side of the bonnet... weird place (horizontal and all). It's next to the battery/fuse box, on the chassis... not on the inside of the engine bay, but up on the top. I have some double sided padded tape to stop the connection getting wet.

I didn't notice any difference... mind you, I never had a problem in the first place :P This was more just future-proofing just in case.

Edited by Whip Cracker