Aggressive wheel offset for 2008 Corolla

patto1234

Hi all,

I am looking to put some new rims on my car and want a rather aggressive look. The wheels Im looking at come in the following sizes:

18 X 7.5 (5-114.3 +35 +42 +48)

I know that the wheels from +42 up are suitable. My question is whether the +35 will fit? Or is this wayyyy too much? The car will be lowered a good couple of inches? Whats the lowest offset I could run successfully?

Because the corollas don't have IRS with camber gain, It's hard to get an agressive look without scrubbing, ESPECIALLY with 18's. They're just too big to suit the correct outer diameter for the car.

For an agressive look, I'd go with the following:

- lipped rear guards

- front camber bolts

- 17x8 +35 wheels

- 205/45R17 tyres

With those sizes and offsets, you might get occasional scrubbing with fatties in the back but that's just a sacrifice that U have to make to get an agressive look.

I know that the wheels from +42 up are suitable. My question is whether the +35 will fit? Or is this wayyyy too much?

Not really answering your question but I hope you realise the difference between +42 and +35 is that the wheels will stick out only 7mm more.

Also, you can fit more agressive offsets by stretching tyres (although at 7.5", you'll be hard pressed to find tyres skinny enough that will require stretching over 7.5")

Not really answering your question but I hope you realise the difference between +42 and +35 is that the wheels will stick out only 7mm more.

I was having a similar conversation a while back with someone involved in motorsport, because I was thinking of doing +38 offset at one stage.

Whilst 7mm might not seem that much - and looks may be negligible - we are actually talking about moving the weight distribution 7mm away from the center of the wheel. I don't know how the maths of it all works, but I am reliably informed that there is an exponential relationship between wheel offset and weight distribution.

So by moving the wheel out by 7mm, you will be placing all the cornering forces on the inside of the wheel = not cool.

Edited by Leroy